Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which win is more impressive, Mayweather vs Corrales or Pacquiao vs Barrera 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whoever called barerra or morales or whatever unskilled brawler is crazy.

but i pick pbf beating coralles. even when barerra fought morales the boxing world
    was saying he was done and finished and thats what 2 3 years before manny fought him.
    barerra wasnt in his prime he jsut had a couple classic battles with morales and strung together some big wins. he did what gatti did before he fought mayweather. built it but when he fought manny he got blitzed. a great win and comming out party for manny but far from the best of barerra. he still had technical skills but this wasnt prime barerra. to say a prime barerra would beat manny i dont think so i still think manny has a style to beat marco. but still wasnt the best barerra.

but the coralles loyd fought was undefeated knocking everyone out bigger skilled and looked to possibly giving the champion his first lost. floyd was barely touched and made coralles look like nothing in that fight. and to show it was all floyd chico would still go on and do big and great things years and countless fights after that floyd lose even winning one of the greatest fights ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      he never saw this???

I really don't think he has to make such a ridiculous dumb statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Performance - Mayweather

Better/More Significant Victory - Pacquaio
        and there's many ways to skin a cat. Likewise it is highly subjective on what and how people define as "impressive". Both wins by Floyd and Manny are impressive, it is up to the observer in how to reason his observations.

In my humble opinion, the Barrera-Pacquiao fight because of Pacquiao being relatively (keyword here is RELATIVELY) unknown compared to the legendary Barrera.

Floyd's win over Corrales is typical of all his wins anyway, being flawless in his techniques.

So in this light the magnitude, the element of surprise and the drama, I picked the Barrera-Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post

but i pick pbf beating coralles. even when barerra fought morales the boxing world
          was saying he was done and finished and thats what 2 3 years before manny fought him.
          barerra wasnt in his prime he jsut had a couple classic battles with morales and strung together some big wins. he did what gatti did before he fought mayweather. built it but when he fought manny he got blitzed. a great win and comming out party for manny but far from the best of barerra. he still had technical skills but this wasnt prime barerra. to say a prime barerra would beat manny i dont think so i still think manny has a style to beat marco. but still wasnt the best barerra.

but the coralles loyd fought was undefeated knocking everyone out bigger skilled and looked to possibly giving the champion his first lost. floyd was barely touched and made coralles look like nothing in that fight. and to show it was all floyd chico would still go on and do big and great things years and countless fights after that floyd lose even winning one of the greatest fights ever.
          Are you F'ing kidding me? I stopped reading right there. Not only is that most dumbest statement that was made in this thread but that has to be the dumbest statement that will be made today.

Seriously WTF is wrong with you people? Why are you guys trying to re-write history....My goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
            Barrera for sure. He had never been and never has since been completely beaten up and dominated and he was in his prime. Look what he did to Naseem, then Pac did worse to him.
            Well he was knocked out by Junior Jones. Barrea all time wise will rank higher than Corales but since Corales was unbeaten at that time and was steam rolling through all of his comp (looking like an absolute beast), I'd give this one to Mayweather (and this is coming from a Floyd critic) Plus that was the best Mayweather has ever looked, it was unreal how quick he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Performance - Mayweather

Better/More Significant Victory - Pacquaio
              /thread

I think TS and his minion are banking solely on the aspect of what Floyd does in the ring rather than the scope of the opponent each faced

while Barrera was a little past his best (people forget he beat a Morales that went on to beat Manny) his skillset and ability was still above anything Chico was as a fighter.

Chico was on a media high when they fought but his resume did leave some things to be desired. Manfredy Garcia and Juuko were all nice wins but it wasn't on the level of Barrera beating Morales and Hamed in any stretch

TS and his minion have agendas with all this so I wouldn't take their "knowledge" too serious

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                Well he was knocked out by Junior Jones. Barrea all time wise will rank higher than Corales but since Corales was unbeaten at that time and was steam rolling through all of his comp (looking like an absolute beast), I'd give this one to Mayweather (and this is coming from a Floyd critic) Plus that was the best Mayweather has ever looked, it was unreal how quick he was.
                I feel some of you guys just look at boxrec... And, then decide to give your opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
                  Both were great victories, and probably Floyd and Pac's best wins respectively. Personally, I think Floyd's win over Chico (RIP) is more impressive. As great of a win as Pac had against Barrera in their first fight Marco had already been through countless wars and was probably no longer in his prime, but Pac still KO Barrera and he gets full credit for that.

However, Mayweather fought a young, undefeated, and prime Corrales. At the time of the fight both guys were on the p4p list. Furthermore, Floyd put on one of the best boxing exhibitions I've ever seen. Floyd proceeded to knock Corrales down 5 TIMES and got the KO in the tenth round. Who thought a much smaller Mayweather would KO the power punching Corrales? That performance is without a doubt one of the best boxing performances I've ever seen, that's the stuff legends are made of.

Thoughts?
                  Both are great fights....I have to give the slight edge to Pac on this one though.

Mayweather has ALWAYS had the edge over his opponents...not in any one fight was Floyd the underdog. Yes it was a DOMINANT BOXING CLINIC put on by "Pretty Boy"...against one of the more bigger punchers. Yet, it was expected (save for the numberous KDs)

Manny was a huge underdog, against one the the p4p elites at the time.
                  AND this is the same 1 dimensional j-j-straight left "Destroyer", that a multidimensional Barrera had no answer for.

So for those reasons..."Pretty Boy" had the better performance....but "Destroyer" had the more impressive victory. But that's just me.....

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Good post, Chief...Nice to see you putting in work in NSB

And, I can agree with you're saying. But, Floyd doesn't have a win greater than the first Barrera win for Pac.

Nobody expected Pac to blowout Barrera they way he did. And, is not like Barrera completely disappeared also after the fight. He moved up in weight and unified the division, also went to complete the trilogy with Morales with a victory.

The TS has an agenda where anybody who picks Pac-Barrera is either a Floyd hater or a ******* or both. But, the Barrera victory and the dominance he did it with was damn impressive. No shame for Floyd-Corrales falling short to Pac-Barrera.

There was no other fight that Pac has looked as impressive than Floyd did against Corrales though. It just that Pac-Barrera is over top. Just because not only of Barrera skill, but how he was perceived at the time, how highly he was touted at the time, but also how unlikely the scenario of Pac even beating Barrera at the time. And, no Barrera was not past his prime the TS tried to suggest.
                    Thank Jro bruh, that means alot comin from you homie. It's just good to be able to talk a lil Boxing in NSB without it being troll dominated. I do agree that nobody saw Pac taking it to MAB coming, and it was Pac's "I have arrived" moment. I know I didn't expect it. But you could also make a arguement for Pac catching MAB at the tail end of being in his prime. He had thumped Hamed(I actually thought that Nassem was gonna take that one). He had two hard battles with EM and Tapia. And thumped a Kevin Kelley that was on the downward slope.

But I also remember a couple of years before the Floyd/Chico fight that everybody was saying it was the most dangerous fight Floyd could ever take. Chico was a terror, and considered the hardest puncher around at feather and super feather. Everyone was amazed by his pop back then. As great as MAB is he was never revered like Chico was in the power punching catagory.

I guess we could compare and contrast these two victories all day long, but the one thing I think we all can agree with is that they were both one of their greatest victories.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post

You are the definition of fanboy

Comment

Working...
                      X