Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which win is more impressive, Mayweather vs Corrales or Pacquiao vs Barrera 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
    Come on Bruhnlaw. You know just as well as I know, back then Angel was a monster, he found religion and softened up a bit, but he was beast back in the mid-late 90's. Ivan, Stevie, Floyd, Arturo, and Paez.

Chico at the time of the Floyd fight was a bonified beast. Smoke Gainer wasn't no chump.
    i love chico and he was a badass, but he was overrated at the time. his resume was good, not even approaching great like barrera's was.

Comment

Come on Bruhnlaw. You know just as well as I know, back then Angel was a monster, he found religion and softened up a bit, but he was beast back in the mid-late 90's. Ivan, Stevie, Floyd, Arturo, and Paez.

Chico at the time of the Floyd fight was a bonified beast. Smoke Gainer wasn't no chump.
      Good post, Chief...Nice to see you putting in work in NSB

And, I can agree with you're saying. But, Floyd doesn't have a win greater than the first Barrera win for Pac.

Nobody expected Pac to blowout Barrera they way he did. And, is not like Barrera completely disappeared also after the fight. He moved up in weight and unified the division, also went to complete the trilogy with Morales with a victory.

The TS has an agenda where anybody who picks Pac-Barrera is either a Floyd hater or a ******* or both. But, the Barrera victory and the dominance he did it with was damn impressive. No shame for Floyd-Corrales falling short to Pac-Barrera.

There was no other fight that Pac has looked as impressive than Floyd did against Corrales though. It just that Pac-Barrera is over top. Just because not only of Barrera skill, but how he was perceived at the time, how highly he was touted at the time, but also how unlikely the scenario of Pac even beating Barrera at the time. And, no Barrera was not past his prime the TS tried to suggest.

Comment

This thread makes me wanna rewatch both fights especially the Pac vs. Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Barrera is a legend, Corrales is not.

Barrera has proved his abilities at the highest level time and time again but Corrales always fell short.

Barrera > Corrales.

Think that obvious.
          Did he really? Are you sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            prime corrales
            barrera was never stopped till pac, and never was after pac.

chico's been stopped at least 3 times.

you didn't mention any of that fool- as usual. and you also didn't respond to any of the points in my post. why was chico rated so highly? who were his best wins? what hof type fighter did chico prove himself against pre-floyd?
            But look WHO stopped him.

FMJ, JLC, and Casa. All in they primes, and all(Back then)known as murderous punchers. Come on now Bruhnlaw.

Comment

Performance - Mayweather

Better/More Significant Victory - Pacquaio

Comment

But look WHO stopped him.

FMJ, JLC, and Casa. All in they primes, and all(Back then)known as murderous punchers. Come on now Bruhnlaw.
                Chief, I'm not sure you're following me or I"m not catchin your vibe.

My post was not meant to call out Corrales or say he's garbage, he's not, OBVIOUSLY. But he's no Barrera.

Barerra was stopped once, by pac. the ts is acting like he was washed up because of his grueling fights by the time Pac beat Barrera.

He keeps saying Corrales was prime, but corrales prime

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

he never saw this???

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Maybe a bit harsh on Corrales he had some good wins, but nothing that compares to a Morales or even Hamed.

What is Corrales best win, spitting his gumshield out many time to beat Castillo, a SD against Cassa or Freitas.

Corrales came up short most of the time against Cassa and Castillo as well and Clottey

Comment

Maybe a bit harsh on Corrales he had some good wins, but nothing that compares to a Morales or even Hamed.
                      Maybe not to Morales...And, I will agree with you there. But, to an Hamed that could be debatable.

What is Corrales best win, spitting his gumshield out many time to beat Castillo, a SD against Cassa or Freitas.
                      You act like wins against those 3 are like nothing...Those were damn good wins at the time. I mean really think about it bro.

Corrales came up short most of the time against Cassa and Castillo as well and Clottey
                      Corrales was shot to shit against Clottey. Why bring that fight up? You act like that was a top version of Corrales.

Here is the fact arguably the greatest fight in the modern era, Corrales was the victor in that fight.

Just think about that for a second before saying he always came up short.

Comment

Working...
                      X