Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great fight,those who mthose who missed it are fools who missed a high speed chess match fought by two of the best fighters in the world.

Comment

• Floyd-Khan...meh...

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        One guy said Mayweather is no longer a top fighter and Canelito would win in 4....
        Mayweather is a top fighter and Canelo wouldn't beat him....

BUT

I can honestly tell you from round 1 I saw a different Mayweather. He didn't look as sharp and a bit slower than usual. I think the decline has started, he is 35.

Comment

• Originally posted by War Aficionado View Post
          Question for you guys. Given the circumstances, and I don't like to inquire like this alot but would you Mayweather fans be interested in a rematch?
          Consider Cotto vs Canelo, and Miguel winning the strap. Is that a fight Mayweather is liable to revisit after his sentencing is up and would the fans want it?
          I mean putting my fandom aside, and only looking at it from a fan-of-the-sport perspective, Floyd wins 11 out of 10 times.

But no seriously, I wouldn't worry about a rematch, Floyd would probably KO him in 8. The thing is, Floyd would never give him a rematch, it wasn't close enough to, and Bradley/Pacquiao/Canelo are probably the next in line for the cash king anyways.
          Last edited by LoadedWraps; 05-06-2012, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Question for you guys. Given the circumstances, and I don't like to inquire like this alot but would you Mayweather fans be interested in a rematch?
            Consider Cotto vs Canelo, and Miguel winning the strap. Is that a fight Mayweather is liable to revisit after his sentencing is up and would the fans want it?
            Cotto's did well tonight but I don't want to see a rematch.

He was beaten decisively.

Comment

i think this should happen. Cotto vs. Canelo is a no loss from the promotional standpoint and the winner can fight Floyd if the Pac fight cannot be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Mayweather is a top fighter and Canelo wouldn't beat him....

BUT

I can honestly tell you from round 1 I saw a different Mayweather. He didn't look as sharp and a bit slower than usual. I think the decline has started, he is 35.
                Do u still think Ortiz is better than Cotto?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Anybody that thinks Pac can touch Floyd are off in the head , he will make Pac look stupid , Cotto was 10 pds above where Pac fought him , bigger and stronger and he was in great shape and came to win , best stamina Cotto has shown , Floyd is amazing his skills are unreal , gee if he had KO power he would be blowing everybody out of 3 divisions with not a CW in site .

Mosley fought a great fight Canello is a little over rated , maybe the weight is what Mosley needs at this stage of the game seems to flatten him at 147 , hope he retires though .
                  queers like you ruin this site. you relentlessly blow 1 fighter and get mad insulting and offended when others don't agree. thats whats off in the head

Comment

No, because the fight wasn't close enough to warrant the waste of time, unless there's absolutely no one else among the elite fighters willing to fight Floyd.
                    The fight tonight didn't have to be as competitive as it was, but one of the fighters chose it to be. It could, should and would have been stopped if there was the intention and will to do so.

Entertaining though it was, it was still a fight were Cotto was simply outclassed. Wouldn't change next time around.

Comment

• Floyd still looked the same as he did in the Mosley/Ortiz fights. Not sure what people were looking at.

Comment

Working...
                      X