No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the Sergio excuses be?

He is too old, I fight a young lion like Alvarez.

Martinez can take $2M and I'll take everything else, it is his biggest payday.

He doesn't have a title.

And many more excuse from Floyd soon to be on their way.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Yeah, why would Floyd go to 160lbs to avoid Manny when at 154lbs he avoids him.

Hell he even avoided Pacquiao for the last 3 years at 147lbs.

Floyd: Take the Test and the fight happens.

Manny: OK I'll take your test.

Floyd: now 50/50 is off the table, no cut for you just a flat fee.

Just the latest in the long line of excuses from Floyd.

We all know what the next one is going to be.

I can't make 147lbs anymore, if Manny wants the fight he has to come to 154lbs.

Hey they don't call him the King of the Duckers for nothing.
      Floyd: Take the Test and the fight happens.

Manny: Go fcuk yourself. NO I wont take OST, then 6 months later after floyd says 0 days or no fight OK I'll take your test.

Manny: No more issues with testing. Only issue is purse split.

Floyd: now 50/50 is off the table, no cut for you just a flat fee.

Floyd: $40 mil no ppv thats what I'm offering.

Manny: DUde, what about 50/50 and random OST you offered in dec 2009? I like that now, I'll take that.

Floyd: Go fcuk yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        What will the Sergio excuses be?

He is too old, I fight a young lion like Alvarez.

Martinez can take $2M and I'll take everything else, it is his biggest payday.

He doesn't have a title.

And many more excuse from Floyd soon to be on their way.
        At least call it both ways man, something you can never do.

You fail to mention Pac saying he'd fight Sergio 100% if Sergio came to 150, than he backed off that and said only at 147 lbs.

And you fail to mention that with Floyd and pac, that it was Manny avoiding random testing for 2+ years, his fault. Floyd's at fault too because they initially agreed to 50/50. But at the same time, why'd Pac say he'd without a doubt take a lesser split than Floyd to make sure the fight happens, then say no only 50/50. Both of those mother f**kers are at fault, and can't get their s**t straight.

For the time being, I'm at least happy both have good fights coming up in May-June.

Pac and Sergio won't happen until 2013 now, sadly. Floyd gets out of jail aorund August, and Pac wants to fight again in November. You would porbbaly agree that a Rios-Marquez winner, a fight that will happen in July most likely, will probably be the opponent for Manny in November, if Manny beats Bradley, and he should.

It looks like Sergio-Chavez is on for September, if Julio gets past Andy Lee.

So it looks like we'll see Mayweather-Alvarez, which at this point in time is a C+/B- at the very highest fight. The only way I want to see Mayweather-Canelo in December or something is if Caenlo comes back after Mosley in August/September and beats someone like Carlos Molina, James Kirkland, Erislandy Lara. If he does that, it's a B/B+ fight at that point. But, if he doesn't, it reamins an ehhhhhh fight.

I doubt Floyd EVER goes to 160 lbs, it's just a pipe dream. If he did go there and beat Sergio, if Sergio beats Julio, he'd have his legacy down 100% though. Even the biggest Floyd hater has to admit that. There's probably about a 1-5% chance of that happening though.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          "if it makes dollars, it makes sense" except if its manny pacquiao.
          or Sergio Martinez

calculated risks only...

Comment

• Some of these threads are hilarious I swear. Avoiding Manny to move up to Middleweight? This fight has not made much progress in 3 years. Middleweight is another legacy builder. If Floyd is able to conquer the Middleweight champion it would be great for his legacy. And for the people arguing how much money Floyd would lose by fighting Sergio rather than Manny might not understand percentages that well. Floyd vs Sergio at Middleweight for the Middleweight title is a HUGE fight. It isn't as big as Floyd vs Manny but it is HUGE also. Fighting Sergio, Floyd would take close to 80% of the pot and fight Manny is would not take much more than 50% of the pot. The Manny fight would generate more revenue but 80% of the pot from Sergio would be close to the 50% from the Manny fight.

With that being said it is a much tougher fight for Floyd fighting Sergio.

Comment

• Let's just encourage Floyd to go for Sergio and stop these useless threads.

I wish people stop bringing up this Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. It's not going to happen. Let's move on and build up Sergio vs Floyd. Cotto at 154 is a tuneup fight for Floyd leading to the Martinez fight. What more do you want?

Mayweather vs Martinez is a mile easier to make than the Mayweather vs Pacquiao.
              Last edited by maguirre; 04-02-2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                Floyd is only 1 1/2 inches taller than Manny.......

Marquez would not do better against Floyd now, it'd be the same result. It's not like Floyd came forward that whole night, got JMM on the ropes, and imposed his will on him. He boxed, moved, and out classed him in a shutout. And Floyd hadn't even fought in 21 months..
                Not really sure why some boxing fans have this attitude that whoever wins the first fight quite convincinly will always win the second fight? Why do Floyd fans defend Floyds stance on not rematching people unless it is Floyd who is actually avenging a loss?
                Duran beat SRL, and it would be easy for people and in particular Duran fans to say Duran would always beat SRL. If everyone had that superior attitude we wouldnt get no second duran and SRL fight. Floyd outboxed JMM cos he wasnt bloated like JMM so of course was sharper on the night. Just better on that particular night, but not neccesary any other day. Tommorrow is another day.

Why is Floyd given special treatment and why do people encourage Floyd behaviour with this lacksidaisal approach to his career. Is it a benefit to boxing to kiss Floyds backside for doing things differnent to what all the greats in the past have done? I think Floyds fans have spawned this Floyd. I dont think Floyd was destined to be like this, but he has been created by his fans.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 04-02-2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Pac fans need to let it go

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                    Pac fans need to let it go
                    TS and some of his backers are Ricky Hatton fans, since the Hatton ring post KO they still can't get over it..

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Not really sure why some boxing fans have this attitude that whoever wins the first fight quite convincinly will always win the second fight? Why do Floyd fans defend Floyds stance on not rematching people unless it is Floyd who is actually avenging a loss?
                      Duran beat SRL, and it would be easy for people and in particular Duran fans to say Duran would always beat SRL. If everyone had that superior attitude we wouldnt get no second duran and SRL fight. Floyd outboxed JMM cos he wasnt bloated like JMM so of course was sharper on the night. Just better on that particular night, but not neccesary any other day. Tommorrow is another day.

Why is Floyd given special treatment and why do people encourage Floyd behaviour with this lacksidaisal approach to his career. Is it a benefit to boxing to kiss Floyds backside for doing things differnent to what all the greats in the past have done? I think Floyds fans have spawned this Floyd. I dont think Floyd was destined to be like this, but he has been created by his fans.
                      That was a terrible, borderline GOD AWFUL, comparison with Duran-Leonard and Mayweather-Marquez. You only really need to rematch someone if the fight was competitive or really close. If it's not, you have NO OBLIGATION to rematch them. Duran-Leonard was a VERY competitive fight. Mayweather-Marquez was a one-sided schooling. It's not even in the same ballpark man, just enough with that comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X