Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Steward, btw...

Comment

• I agree and think Cotto has the necessary tools to win if he has the correct game plan.
      But obviously, Mayweather is the favorite. Can't wait for this fight!

Comment

• It seems Steward is a little tight about being replaced. Now that he knows Cotto has no intention of bringing him back I expect him to be more critical of Diaz and Cotto's technique.

Comment

• The second Margarito fight was not turning out like the 1st in the slightest. Cotto was not wearing down at the stoppage.

Cotto has always had the tools to box with fighters who possess superior speed. IMO his biggest problem has been stamina. If Cotto can manage to get 12 round stamina, maybe 15, this fight will be competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I would have to rewatch it, I had it at least 7-5 to Clottey
            Clottey didn't win 7 rounds in that fight. You need to rewatch it because at most he won 5 rounds. Plus Miguel had the first round knockdown. It was a close fight and I understand Clottey and his Joe Clazaghe type flurries could confuse people but he didn't win many rounds. Not saying it wasn't close, it was, but people saying he won are just either hating on Miguel or giving close rounds to a guy that was landing nothing.

Comment

• nice read--i don't see any bitterness with manny steward of cotto but he's right--floyd has been good all of his life--this is nothing new--nothing shocking--which is why cotto and pacman will both be dogged out AND I RESPECT THEM BOTH--but floyd is leagues above them in skill and that's okay--the ***er was born in to the sport--it is what it is---

easy win for floyd but i hope cotto makes it competitive so floyd can fight more offense and stop cotto in the mid to late rounds--

Comment

• "when floyd mayweather is on 24/7, it's must see tv"

Comment

• Good post.

Steward giving Floyd his props like he always does. Contrary to popular belief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    The second Margarito fight was not turning out like the 1st in the slightest. Cotto was not wearing down at the stoppage.

Cotto has always had the tools to box with fighters who possess superior speed. IMO his biggest problem has been stamina. If Cotto can manage to get 12 round stamina, maybe 15, this fight will be competitive.
                    He was getting tired Margarito was starting to land and had one of his best rounds before it was stopped. Maybe he would have survived, maybe not. We didn't get the chance to find out thanks to the stoppage.

Comment

• I got to set my DVR so I don't miss out.

Comment

Working...
                      X