No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boricua2311 View Post
    So you didn't see all body punches , all the jabs and some right hands and left hooks. And Floyd brake his nose himself righ !
    yeah bro when Floyd was doing the elbow roll he accidentally jabbed his own nose

Comment

• Originally posted by ProTrainer View Post
      Cotto didnt do as bad as i thought rds 9-12
      No he didn't... He just nearly got knocked to the canvas in round 12 :S arguably floyd's most dominant round, this comment alone is outrageous and I'm not even going to comment on the part where you said a draw would have been fair that even more outrageous!

Comment

• Originally posted by EdWins View Post
        Even if Cotto was just hitting shoulders and elbows all the work effort constitutes a winning round over someone who isn't doing anything at all. And even when May did choose to mix it up from what I remember Cotto got the better of him, and hell he even outboxed him in some rounds. It was when May started landing them uppercuts that he really took control of the fight...

Cotto showed that May is not invincible, just accept that.
        this just shows how little you know about boxing. thowing punches and not landing, hitting shoulders and elbows do not count as scoring blows. In fact, based in true scoring methods, Floyd is earning points there for Defense. Throwing and not landing is not effective aggression, is not clean punching, is not defense, is not ring generalship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
          Dude mayweather dominated those rounds....2 and 3?
          LOL... Round two 2 was close, could have gone either way. A few more rounds were close.

Round 3 was definitely Cotto's. So do rounds 6 and 8.

The only round that floyd clearly was dominant was round 12.

Overall, floyd won the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
            this just shows how little you know about boxing. thowing punches and not landing, hitting shoulders and elbows do not count as scoring blows. In fact, based in true scoring methods, Floyd is earning points there for Defense. Throwing and not landing is not effective aggression, is not clean punching, is not defense, is not ring generalship.
            not even that Floyd was throwing more then Cotto in most of those rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
              LOL... Round two 2 was close, could have gone either way. A few more rounds were close.

Round 3 was definitely Cotto's. So do rounds 6 and 8.

The only round that floyd clearly was dominant was round 12.

Overall, floyd won the fight.
              I'm with you bro !

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                You cannot win a round by just blocking punches...

Comment

• Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
                  I gave Cotto 4 rounds last Saturday night. After I rewatched it tonight and I only gave him 3.

You being a Puerto Rican has everything to do with it.
                  I had it reversed bro. When I firs watched it I gave Cotto 3 rounds but upon a second viewing I gave him 4. At the very worst it was ten round to two for Mayweather and at the very best it was 8 rounds to 4 for Mayweather. 9 rounds to 3 sounds fair.

BTW seeing Cotto in his dressing room with his son while tears came out his eyes was kind of sad to see. He's truly a good man.

Comment

• Floyd dominated Cotto, it ain't even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                      You cannot win a round by just blocking punches...
                      Actually you can..

Comment

Working...
                      X