Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these titleholders are "paper" champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i voted everyone but ward and alexander.

neither are the best in the division, but they are champions....

Comment

Ward a paper champ?

Not surprisingly, the clowns defending in Germany are on this list. Marco Huck should be on this list also because Lebedev beat him but got robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
        Martinez is a full blown middleweight fool what the hell is wrong with you,
        Yes you know, because Martinez isn't gonna cut weight to make the 154 pound limit ya know. Really he isn't. >_> He'll go on the scales at the weigh ins at 160 pounds. He really will.

You admit he's too big, so why does Pacquiao have a belt at 154 if he's unwilling to let a challenger come down to 154 and fight him for that belt? He's a paper champion you moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post

Ward has never needed such judging and thoroughly kicked Kessler's ass.
          LOL. Ward was fighting at his hometown with crooked referee. All these headbutting, elbowing, wrestling stuff. He is a full paper champion.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] -Kirby- View Post
            He won the title on a catchweight and he's also unwilling to defend his title against Martinez who already said he'd go down to 154 and fight him. If that isn't a paper champion, I don't know what is.
            Who said he is unwilling?

Sorry, but not once have I heard Manny come out and state that he doesn't want to fight Martinez.

Comment

Berto and Alexander are definitely paper champions. Haye could be considered one too because some thought that Holyfield beat Valuev in a close fight. Ward isn't a paper champion though.

Don't know much about the rest.

Comment

I consider anyone who doesn't hold the ring magazine title as a "paper champion". Vitali Klitschko would have to be added to that list, but I think he has a legitimate claim to being the best in the heavyweight division. The WBC's decision to strip Martinez is a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post

Sorry, but not once have I heard Manny come out and state that he doesn't want to fight Martinez.
                  Call me when the fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post

Pacquiao said he's only willing to fight Martinez at 147, which is why he's a paper champ.

Comment

Ward is the only one of them who I consider 'the man' in his division.

Comment

Working...
                      X