Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these titleholders are "paper" champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
    Shumenov fought for the title away from Kazakhstan, Ward never takes on a decent opponent outside Oakland where his crooked home refs let him headbutt and otherwise cheat as much as he likes.

I wish Shumenov-Braehmer would have went off.

Ward's got a pretty good resume so he's night a paper champ.

I can't believe no one has taken Bundrage's title yet. That guy sucks.

But he did win it legit.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] -Kirby- View Post
      He won the title on a catchweight and he's also unwilling to defend his title against Martinez who already said he'd go down to 154 and fight him. If that isn't a paper champion, I don't know what is.
      Martinez is a full blown middleweight fool what the hell is wrong with you, why doesn't Marquez fight Mayweather again? dummy...

who at 154 or 147 is smaller than Pac? let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        I wish Shumenov-Braehmer would have went off.

Ward's got a pretty good resume so he's night a paper champ.

I can't believe no one has taken Bundrage's title yet. That guy sucks.

But he did win it legit.
        If you haven't proven to be THE champ, you're paper. Ward is a tourney win and Bute away from being THE...ain't there yet.

Comment

Shumenov fought away from Kazakhstan, Ward never takes on a decent opponent outside Oakland where his crooked home refs let him headbutt and otherwise cheat as much as he likes.
          Your bias is hilarious.

The funny thing is, Shumenov was the beneficiary of the biggest robbery of 2010. I'm pretty sure that you think Alexander is a paper champion due to the Kotelnik fight, yet you don't consider Shumenov one when the decision in his second fight with Campillo was far worse than the one in Alexander-Kotelnik.

Ward has never needed such judging and thoroughly kicked Kessler's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
            With an honest and fair referee, Ward would have lost by disqualification because of the deliberate headbutt that ended the fight.

Comment

Pacman's 154lb title was completely manufactured & probably the most worthless title match that I can think of,honestly.Alexander shouldn't be up there,he's unified 140.

Comment

With an honest and fair referee, Ward would have lost by disqualification because of the deliberate headbutt that ended the fight.

Comment

Your bias is hilarious.

The funny thing is, Shumenov was the beneficiary of the biggest robbery of 2010. I'm pretty sure that you think Alexander is a paper champion due to the Kotelnik fight, yet you don't consider Shumenov one when the decision in his second fight with Campillo was far worse than the one in Alexander-Kotelnik.

Yea, I don't know why so many people can't get over this. And yes, his bias is hilarious.

Comment

To be fair, if Kessler, who I have long admired, had the foggiest notion about how to fight on the inside, it might not have come to that.

Comment

Your bias is hilarious.

bolded for truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X