Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard SCHAEFER in the Steroid Lawsuit: "PACQUIAO's Head Has Gotten Bigger".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    No dude. I'm not saying you have less water weight. Water weight is a byproduct of sucking yourself down. Water weight comes from having to rehydrate your body. Now that we've established that, we're now looking at a Pacquiao who no longer has to "dehydrate" himself. Is he fighting at the weight he walks around at? If so...what is he doing in the gym that all other lightweights aren't? Juan Manuel Marquez routinely weighs well over 140+ pounds after making weight. Diego Corrales, etc. Did you see him when he decided to fight at his walking around weight? And these guys began at weights higher than Manny. So since we know he isn't in the gym eating donuts and just "maintaining his walking around weight" like so many like to spew on here, what is he doing so different that causes him to maintain a body-building physique and his attributes within six months of fighting at 135? This is why bringing up what he weighed on fight night is highly irrelevant.
    I actually think they explained that in one of the 24/7's... that he eats like a horse just to maintain the higher weight.

7,000 calories a day or so they said...

Most fighters seem to fight to keep the weight off, and he has to fight to keep it on.

I don't think other fighters are doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      I actually think they explained that in one of the 24/7's... that he eats like a horse just to maintain the higher weight.

7,000 calories a day or so they said...

Most fighters seem to fight to keep the weight off, and he has to fight to keep it on.

I don't think other fighters are doing that.
      Yeah. They say a lot on 24-7, REED. One of them being that Pacquiao trained at 153 for the Clottey bout. You know who else used that whole 7,000 calorie thing to explain his incredible physique and ability to maintain it as he gained weight? Evander Holyfield.

Comment

• it's pretty clear golden boy has been trying to destroy pac's reputation because he's with a rival promoter. they are just throwing a bunch of shi-t against the wall and seeing if it sticks. whether it's true or not doesn't matter as long as they tarnish his reputation so they can monopolize boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          I had missed the details from the depositions:

Schaefer declaration
          In a three-page declaration, Schaefer told the court that in late 2009 and early 2010, he and other GBP officers as well as Floyd Mayweather Jr. advisor, Al Hayman, engaged in negotiations for a proposed March 2010 bout between Mayweather and Pacquiao.

The parties were in agreement on all major financial terms and drug testing was the only issue left on the table. The Mayweathers had severe concerns about the possibility that Pacquiao had been using illegal PEDs in connection with his more recent fights.

These concerns arose from a number of factors, including the fact that it is highly unusual for a professional boxer to fight at heavier weights during his career and maintain the same level of power in his punches and ability to withstand hard punches from bigger opponents.

Yet, as Pacquiao has moved up in weight by 40 pounds (itself an extraordinary feat) during his career, he has become more powerful and more impervious to blows by his opponents.

For example, in prior fights against much smaller opponents such as Juan Manuel Marquez and Marco Antonio Barrera, Pacquiao was unable to score knock-outs and was at times stunned by their punches.

Yet, in his recent fights against physically bigger and much more powerful fighters – like Oscar de la Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto – Pacquiao has scored devastating knockouts (or technical knockouts). In addition, he has survived devastating punches by his opponents with no apparent effect.

Pacquiao’s head has grown
          In addition, as shown by a comparison of Pacquiao’s pictures from his early career and today, it is clear that the size of his head has grown and his body has become far more muscular. As shown by March 25, 2010 "Judd Burstein Declaration," these changes are often associated with the use of PEDs.

In the light of these concerns, Schaefer said he consulted with the United States Anti-Doping Agency “to determine the most effective way to ensure that the Pacquiao-Mayweather bout would be a clean affair."

Based upon these conversations, the Mayweather camp insisted that both fighters agree to the same drug testing imposed upon the United States Olympic Team: i.e. random blood and urine testing up to at least 48 hours before the bout.

Although Mayweather readily agreed to these procedures, Pacquiao and his representatives refused. Pacquiao only agreed to three scheduled blood test: 1.) upon the signing of the contracts for the bout; 2.) 30 days before the bout; and 3.) immediately after the fight.

Schaefer said, “Pacquiao’s refusal to submit to effective drug testing only served to increase the Mayweather team’s concerns that Pacquiao has been using PEDs."

Schaefer said he was included in the lawsuit along with De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Floyd Mayweather Sr., Roger Mayweather and Mayweather Promotions when the “Amended Complaint alleges that, in September 2009, I told Philippine reporter Ronnie Nathanielsz – a reporter whom Pacquiao himself has accused of ‘fabricating horrible tales and putting words into the mouths of people he has not even talked to’ that I was 'sure Pacquiao was using PEDs.'"

He described such allegation as “absolute falsehood," saying, “if I had made the alleged statement to Nathanielsz, he (Nathanielsz) surely would have published it, which he did not."
          GBP's need to give it up already. The guy is bigger because of Oscar wanting to fight him. He used to drain himself to make weight. Now he comes in whatever weight he wants to because he beat Oscar and he's now the shot caller. Plain and ****in simple. Now he's fresh strong and not drained like pretty much every other fighter out there. Draining yourself down to make weight is very ****** and it robs us of getting to see these guys at they're best.

Comment

• I think you have to look at...

How is Pac ripped at the weigh in at 130....

How is pac ripped at the weigh in at 145?...

Surely when you put on 15lbs of water, you're not going to seeminly be as ripped as you were...

But now, he is even more ripped at 145lbs than he was at 130lbs... I think it is noticeable that at welterweight, that isnt just his walking around weight, he is lean muscle at 145 now...

Comment

I think you have to look at...

How is Pac ripped at the weigh in at 130....

How is pac ripped at the weigh in at 145?...

Surely when you put on 15lbs of water, you're not going to seeminly be as ripped as you were...

But now, he is even more ripped at 145lbs than he was at 130lbs... I think it is noticeable that at welterweight, that isnt just his walking around weight, he is lean muscle at 145 now...
              Very much so. Compare that to his contemporaries who tried doing the same thing.

Comment

• I know one thing.. if I have a 6 pack.. and then I put on 15lbs of water weight.. the 6 pack is gone.... but thats just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  i did.

i think you're confused.

"water weight" is NOT a by product of "sucking yourself down"

water weight is how much water you dehydrated from your body to make weight.

if you're 145 lbs. and you dehydrate yourself to make 130.

15 lbs. is the water weight you cut.

you take water out , you put it back in.
                  You think there is a difference between those two things? There isn't. Further, my post still stands and includes a question.

Comment

I know one thing.. if I have a 6 pack.. and then I put on 15lbs of water weight.. the 6 pack is gone.... but thats just me.
                    water doesn't come from and go to only your stomach area.

when fighters cut a lot of weight , they are more gaunt and six pack shows more during the weigh in. it doesn't show as much after they get rehydrated but it's not like it disappears.

Comment

• People are really complicating this weight issue way more than they should. Manny used to drain himself to make the lower weights and then rehydrate 10-15 lbs after the weigh-in. So he'd go from 130 to 145ish overnight.

Now he doesn't cut weight, just consumes a ton of calories and trains like a demon so he weighs in at what he used to rehydrate to (144-146) only in lean muscle instead of water, then overnight only puts on 3-4 lbs of water weight.

So his in-ring weight has only increased by not even a handful of lbs over the years. Only difference is he's no longer draining himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X