Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my 9 year old son is starting his road to the ameturs monday.any advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let him use your balls as speed bag.

Comment

Jab is one of the first things to focus on. Not so much the power to begin with, but getting accustomed to the jabbing motion and bringing back the defense quickly.

You can also work on defense and reflexes in a simple way to begin with, and that's using Naseem Richardson's towel technique.

Comment

If you gon be helping with training him.

Teach him that jab bro.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who gave real responses..i appreciate it,,my son loves boxing,wakes up watching fights on youtube,we got the heavy bag,mitts mouthpieces pull up bars..now its gym time

ALL THE PEOPLE WHO CAME IN HERE JUST TO TAKE SHOTS AT ME AND MY SON=PATHETIC..SERIOUSLY YA'LL ARNT FANS OF BOXING AT ALL
          Last edited by infamous larryx; 06-04-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

well he stepped in the ring today..maniac gym on s hollywood.it was great..i was there with both of my sons..great experiance to have with your kids

Comment

I suggest a 10 mile run for the kid lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
                I suggest a 10 mile run for the kid lol.
                hes starting out slow they have set schedules on what he'll do everyday..

Comment

Tell him that in the future, if he feels that he can't beat an opponent, make a comfortable excuse like "I think he's on drugs" or "I need a year off" so as to kill the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Mandingo View Post
                    Tell him that in the future, if he feels that he can't beat an opponent, make a comfortable excuse like "I think he's on drugs" or "I need a year off" so as to kill the fight
                    shut the **** up and get yo ***** ass out of my thread..im talking boxing here..try it sometime

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
                      his first day in the gym is monday and this is my first training job anyone got any advice for me?
                      tell him to keep punchin'...seriously, good luck with your boy. Kids are sponges.

Comment

Working...
                      X