Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pernell whitaker is the greatest defensive boxer not floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
    LOL.....you mean the floyd of old at SFW, LW..............the genar, the coralles, the castillo, corley...zab......lol

pop quiz how many HOF/ATG PEA fought?........and floyd?..........END THREAD...........lol
    I've seen both of them in their primes so don't even try that. And technically neither one has any opponents in the HOF right now if you want to take it there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      Poor's man version of Sweet Pea? They defend nothing alike!
      IKR?

Awful poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
        And "heard" of them is all you've done. More of the over glorified fighters of the past who many of us have only seen small samples of.

No statistical analysis of their opponents connect percentage, their competition for the most part pales in comparison to the speed, power, and quickness of the fighters today, etc, etc.

I refuse to place myths above those we've actually seen fight at all stages of their careers.
        That is a very intelligent comment. Way too many times on these boards we hear about the greatness of certain fighters where little footage of them is in existence and thats impossible to get an accurate representation about how good they really were. Also, even the people who have watched footage of certain fighters havent watched enough footage of their opponents to decide how great their wins actually were.
        Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        What myth is there about Pep and Locche? You do know there are footage of them right?

Do you even know who Locche is? There is even footage of him in color.

There is no 'heard' when it comes to Locche. There is visual evidence.

Man you should really get up on the history of boxing. On the real when you do you would find even a deeper appreciation for the sport.
        This is also true. People tend to claim others have too limited of knowledge about certain fightesr when if you dig deep enough you can find places to watch or even buy footage from earlier eras.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          What myth is there about Pep and Locche? You do know there are footage of them right?

Do you even know who Locche is? There is even footage of him in color.

There is no 'heard' when it comes to Locche. There is visual evidence.

Man you should really get up on the history of boxing. On the real when you do you would find even a deeper appreciation for the sport.
          I don't feel a few youtube videos are representative of a fighters entire career, especially one that was composed of roughly 240 fights.

So because Locche has fights in color, those very limited samples are supposed to be representative of his 136 fights? Furthermore, we know even less about the fighters Locche was matched up against. How talented exactly were Antonio Cervantes, Joao Henrique, Adolph Pruitt, Carlos Hernandez, Domingo Barrera Corpas, and Alfonso Frazier? What were their strengths and weakness, how fast were they, etc, etc?

I know a solid amount of boxing history, but I refuse to place fighters many of us have hardly seen fight against those we've seen fight since the birth of their careers, against; On average, better competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
            I've seen both of them in their primes so don't even try that. And technically neither one has any opponents in the HOF right now if you want to take it there.
            lol...........join the club..........what do you want a medal......lol.........who making ATG/HOF in floyds resume......and peas then???

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
              I don't feel a few youtube videos are representative of a fighters entire career, especially one that was composed of roughly 240 fights.

So because Locche has fights in color, those very limited samples are supposed to be representative of his 136 fights? Furthermore, we know even less about the fighters Locche was matched up against. How talented exactly were Antonio Cervantes, Joao Henrique, Adolph Pruitt, Carlos Hernandez, Domingo Barrera Corpas, and Alfonso Frazier? What were their strengths and weakness, how fast were they, etc, etc?

I know a solid amount of boxing history, but I refuse to place fighters many of us have hardly seen fight against those we've seen fight since the birth of their careers, against; On average, better competition.
              I think you should look more into it. I have film of Locche, Cervantes, Pruitt, Hernandez, Frazer and they were all very good fighters indeed.

Locche in one of his best performances completely shut out and clowned hall of famer Antonio Cervantes over 15 rounds. Here's film of Cervantes:

Comment

• Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                Cali that dude is an idiot. I am not even trying to back him up.

But, I want to correct you... Azumah Nelson is in the IBHOF. Whitaker beat him...

Comment

• whitaker's defense was sorta...odd. it didnt make sense yet it look beautiful. its somethin u'll never see again. floyds defense is a mixture of skill and natural talent. ****s almost perfect. whitaker's d wasnt exactly perfect but it was mind boggling.

its really hard to compare the defensive styles of the 2, because they were nothing alike. but floyd's mastery of textbook orthodox boxing defense is uparalelled by anything ive ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
                    lol...........join the club..........what do you want a medal......lol.........who making ATG/HOF in floyds resume......and peas then???
                    first ballot HOF Oscar and Shane

Borderline JMM.

Long shots Gatti and Corrales.

Comment

• [QUOTE=STRUGG;8314653]lol...........join the club..........what do you want a medal......lol.........who making ATG/HOF in floyds resume......and peas then???[/QUOTE

Don't be ridiculous. They both have potential future HOF fighter's on their resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X