Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC Fans Please Ask Bob Arum What is Ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC Fans Please Ask Bob Arum What is Ducking?

Top Rank's Bob Arum told Chris Mannix at SI.com he had "no interest" in matching Berto with Manny Pacquiao. "Berto does nothing for me on a pay-per-view," said Arum

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...aye/index.html

Isn't this ducking? Or, is it good business because its high risk no reward. I think Pac beats Berto easy. Apparently, bob doesn't. Is Bob scared? Bob's answer wasn't about win or lose or respect or Berto being an upstanding citizen who deserves a shot it was about money generated. iS paC SCARED OF bERTO?

Please all Pac fans please make sure you remember this the next time you go on a thread with the "Floyd is ducking" OR ANY OF THE OTHER BULL**** YOU POST.

Manny is just getting to where floyd has been for over 2 years. As such, he is operating the same way. When Pac fans become boxing fans they will understand this.

Peace!!

It would be a good fight, berto is a bigger attraction than clottey imo,

Comment

If Berto was a Top Rank fighter instead of an Al Haymon fighter, Arum would be singing a different tune.

Comment

ducking = when golden boy fighters calculate risk vs. reward in fights

buildup = when top rank fighters do the same

Comment

personally I thin pac/berto is a great fight. arum is just dead set on keeping the money in-house.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Top Rank's Bob Arum told Chris Mannix at SI.com he had "no interest" in matching Berto with Manny Pacquiao. "Berto does nothing for me on a pay-per-view," said Arum

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...aye/index.html

Isn't this ducking? Or, is it good business because its high risk no reward. I think Pac beats Berto easy. Apparently, bob doesn't. Is Bob scared? Bob's answer wasn't about win or lose or respect or Berto being an upstanding citizen who deserves a shot it was about money generated. iS paC SCARED OF bERTO?

Please all Pac fans please make sure you remember this the next time you go on a thread with the "Floyd is ducking" OR ANY OF THE OTHER BULL**** YOU POST.

Manny is just getting to where floyd has been for over 2 years. As such, he is operating the same way. When Pac fans become boxing fans they will understand this.

Peace!!
            Manny signs to fight Berto, others will say manny was ducking FLOYD.. Catch 22..

Pac beats berto anyway, don't want to ruin bertos career. berto is still a young up and comer. IMO

Comment

see...thats what i dont get. arum doesnt want pac fighting anyone whos not on top rank. that much is clear. he doesnt care about pac. he cares about his bottom line.

Comment

Im so sick of Arum. He destroys every fight I want to see Pac in.

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
                  Manny signs to fight Berto, others will say manny was ducking FLOYD.. Catch 22..

Pac beats berto anyway, don't want to ruin bertos career. berto is still a young up and comer. IMO
                  as opposed to ducking to fight margs???riiiite...

Comment

We can add Berto to the list of African American fighters team Pac ducked.

Mayweather, Mosely, and Berto all within a year. Funny stuff considering the heat Mayweather catches.

Comment

Working...
                    X