Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC Fans Please Ask Bob Arum What is Ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berto needs to rematch Collazo already before he tries to step to the big boys. And Pac is looking at Margarito or the Shane-Floyd winner. Most likely a Floyd fight never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      so u go from a low reward fighter whos somewhat worthy to a low reward fighter who's not worthy at all???and what was the reason for refusing the 40mil for the floyd fight again???was it principle??? because we all kno arum has no principles, but pac fighting margs would just prove that he didnt either.

i dnt get how u can say floyd is trying to control pac by making him take a drung test, when u have arum controlling his career like a hawk. its sad really...
      Who says Marg is low reward? He still has a huge following with the Mexican crowd and that would be a slugfest. and wow, wtf you read that much into my post? where did i mention floyd? Where did i mention principles? where did I say Marg was worthy? stop putting words in other people's mouths.

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
      I don't wanna see Pacquiao fight Berto or Margarito, but out of the two fighters,Margarito is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too slow for Pacquiao (did anyone watch Pavlik vs Martinez-same ****).Berto has a better chance with his hand speed,but he is still too flat footed...
      The only fight that makes sense is the winner of Floyd and Shane...
      I don't care for either, however, If i had to choose I'd be slightly more interesting in Marg. He may be too slow but he has alot of size. Berto is nowhere near as durable as Marg IMO nor does he have his work rate. Both guys will play into Pac's style for various reasons but I can see a FOTY style slugfest with Marg and a mid to early KO vs Berto.

Bet lets get real, nobody really wants to see either of these fights. We all want Pac fight PBF/Mosley/JMM (140 or below)/Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaktivel View Post
        no wonder, floyd learned something from arum when it comes to picking who he's gonna fight.

but i don't ever heard pac mention something like the bolded against any possible future opponent.

most likely pac would have said something like this.

pac: i will fight anybody that my promoter (arum) will put infront of me initaym, iniwer.

and floyd,

pbf: im only fighting for money. he [name of boxer] aint ppv fighter. im the cash cow and i ain't fighting somebody for a slave's wage.

See the difference?
        yeah one guy says he won't fight because it doesn't meet his objective- making money. The other guy puts it on his promoter whose job is-making money. Therfore, the promoter says we wont take the fight. Its not what is said or the way it is said. IT IS THE END RESULT THAT MATTERS!

Besides, don't you have more respect for a man who answers a question honestly than a man who looks to another man to answer for him?

Comment

The only time Arum mathches his fighters with other fighters is when it makes him good money. But right now he loves how he kept all the money to himself promotional wise with Pac-Cotto and Pac-Clottey, dont expect him to share the wealth until he has absolutely no other choice(refer to Pac-Morales I,II,III). For all we know, we might see Pac-Margarito 5, Pac-Cotto 4, Pac-Clottey 2, Pac-Arce 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox View Post
            The only time Arum mathches his fighters with other fighters is when it makes him good money. But right now he loves how he kept all the money to himself promotional wise with Pac-Cotto and Pac-Clottey, dont expect him to share the wealth until he has absolutely no other choice(refer to Pac-Morales I,II,III). For all we know, we might see Pac-Margarito 5, Pac-Cotto 4, Pac-Clottey 2, Pac-Arce 3.
            Equinox:

Please explain this to the Pac fans. Arum is going to match Manny up the same way floyd is going to pick his fights. Manny picks "bigger" "tougher" guys like clottey and cotto because he has a speed advantage and they don't move a lot. Floyd fights "bigger" punchers because they tend to throw punches easily countered. Too Bad b!tch a$$ bob doesn't do the same with Kelly Pavlik or Cotto.

Wait a minute I know why THEY ARE NOT BIG EARNERS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              Who says Marg is low reward? He still has a huge following with the Mexican crowd and that would be a slugfest. and wow, wtf you read that much into my post? where did i mention floyd? Where did i mention principles? where did I say Marg was worthy? stop putting words in other people's mouths.

I don't care for either, however, If i had to choose I'd be slightly more interesting in Marg. He may be too slow but he has alot of size. Berto is nowhere near as durable as Marg IMO nor does he have his work rate. Both guys will play into Pac's style for various reasons but I can see a FOTY style slugfest with Marg and a mid to early KO vs Berto.

Bet lets get real, nobody really wants to see either of these fights. We all want Pac fight PBF/Mosley/JMM (140 or below)/Bradley.
              dude...the 2nd paragraph wasnt meant for u...thats why its a separate paragraph. eng 101, man. nyways as far as margs, sure theres money there. but according to many on this forums, the money doesnt matter, its the principle. i was tryin to make a point, i wasnt really attacking you.

relax, i dnt blame pac for none of this, i blame arum. but if pac keeps on letting arum run him to the bank, ill lose respect for the dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Top Rank's Bob Arum told Chris Mannix at SI.com he had "no interest" in matching Berto with Manny Pacquiao. "Berto does nothing for me on a pay-per-view," said Arum

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...aye/index.html

Isn't this ducking? Or, is it good business because its high risk no reward. I think Pac beats Berto easy. Apparently, bob doesn't. Is Bob scared? Bob's answer wasn't about win or lose or respect or Berto being an upstanding citizen who deserves a shot it was about money generated. iS paC SCARED OF bERTO?

Please all Pac fans please make sure you remember this the next time you go on a thread with the "Floyd is ducking" OR ANY OF THE OTHER BULL**** YOU POST.

Manny is just getting to where floyd has been for over 2 years. As such, he is operating the same way. When Pac fans become boxing fans they will understand this.

Peace!!

I think Bobby-Boy knows that Pac is gonna retire soon and wants to milk as much $ as he can until then.

Personally, i think a Berto/Pac fight would be pretty good at least for awhile anyway and it would be awesome for either man to unify titles...but i got Pac TKO10 Berto

Comment

Madsweeney:

I agree.

It would be nice to hear Manny say " Bob shut the f%ck up and make a deal to fight Mayweather. You are making me look guilty even though I never tested positive for ANYTHING because you keep making up excuses for me and make me and freddy go back on our word about testing"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    Isn't this ducking? Or, is it good business because its high risk no reward. I think Pac beats Berto easy. Apparently, bob doesn't. Is Bob scared? Bob's answer wasn't about win or lose or respect or Berto being an upstanding citizen who deserves a shot it was about money generated. iS paC SCARED OF bERTO?

Please all Pac fans please make sure you remember this the next time you go on a thread with the "Floyd is ducking" OR ANY OF THE OTHER BULL**** YOU POST.

Manny is just getting to where floyd has been for over 2 years. As such, he is operating the same way. When Pac fans become boxing fans they will understand this.

Peace!!
                    why do we always have this kind of stupid posts here? pac is ducking berto because arum said so? pac ducked mosley because roach said so? isn't it more appropriate if pac himself is the one who says he doesn't wanna fight this and that fighter before you claim he is ducking? it just so happened that arum is his promoter and roach is his trainer but whatever these guys say are just their personal opinions. it doesn't represent pac's point of view. nobody has to remember what arum said unless the topic is about arum.
                    and why do some floyd fans are fond of saying they are boxing fans and the opposing fighter's fans are not? it's moronic...all of us here are boxing fans, maybe some have been boxing fans longer than the others...more knowledgeable (in boxing) as some would like to point out...so what? are you that weak as a person that you have to consider that as some sort of success or accomplishment and you find the need to brag about it? i don't think boxing as a sport is so complicated. if you're interested in boxing you just watch fights (youtube) and read histories (boxing websites, google, wiki) and voila...a knowledgeable boxing fan. and what do you need to do that? TIME...and lots of it. if you got not much relevant things going on in your daily life outside of this forum you can easily do that.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      why do we always have this kind of stupid posts here? pac is ducking berto because arum said so? pac ducked mosley because roach said so? isn't it more appropriate if pac himself is the one who says he doesn't wanna fight this and that fighter before you claim he is ducking? it just so happened that arum is his promoter and roach is his trainer but whatever these guys say are just their personal opinions. it doesn't represent pac's point of view. nobody has to remember what arum said unless the topic is about arum.
                      and why do some floyd fans are fond of saying they are boxing fans and the opposing fighter's fans are not? it's moronic...all of us here are boxing fans, maybe some have been boxing fans longer than the others...more knowledgeable (in boxing) as some would like to point out...so what? are you that weak as a person that you have to consider that as some sort of success or accomplishment and you find the need to brag about it? i don't think boxing as a sport is so complicated. if you're interested in boxing you just watch fights (youtube) and read histories (boxing websites, google, wiki) and voila...a knowledgeable boxing fan. and what do you need to do that? TIME...and lots of it. if you got not much relevant things going on in your daily life outside of this forum you can easily do that.
                      I never claimed Pac was ducking. I raised a concern because so many Pac fans write idiotic things about ducking and ***** and gayweather.

When I read these comments I sense the witer doesn't realize that manny will conduct his business as would any boxer generating superior dollar amounts.

I do not think evry person who posts is a real boxing fan. So i try to post things that lead to intelligent exchange of opinions then immature bs. I don't know when or where I have ever asserted I am superior to any poster on this site.

I do feel that when casual manny fans get more exposure to the sport they will see their guy and his people are now making business decisons as opposed to boxing decisions.

Finally, it is Bob who accuses floyd of ducking. So I pointed out bob's response to a question. Hence the topic was about arum so what he said was relevant.

And , for the record, I hate Bob for his cheating, manipulative bull**** and hope all fans, especially fans of his fighters, realize this.I don't hate manny or his fans. I just wish they paid less attention to Bob's BS!

Comment

Working...
                      X