Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC Fans Please Ask Bob Arum What is Ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berto has absolutely 0 chance of beating Manny.

He's nowhere near elite. At this point, it would take a significant size advantage for Manny to lose (ie, him fighting at 154, or a Pwill/Margarito height fighter) or maybe Floyd, who could take a decision from him.

Berto does nothing for Manny financially or legacy-wise.
    Last edited by NesNY; 04-20-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Wonderful. Guess we can scratch Pac vs Bradley. After they bulls### with Mayweather after he beats Mosley, we can all look foward to the totally relevant match up between Pac and Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
        We can add Berto to the list of African American fighters team Pac ducked.

Mayweather, Mosely, and Berto all within a year. Funny stuff considering the heat Mayweather catches.
        You can't call it a duck every time someone calls out Pac.

If you could you'd have to mention Nate Campbell, and I think Lamont Peterson called out Pac at some point. And even BHOP said something about fighting Pac, but Pac ducked him.

Add to those black fighters all the latino fighters that Pac ducked like Humberto Soto, Juan Diaz, Joan Guzman, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Edwin Valero. And if Pac doesn't fight MArgarito, you can add Margarito's name to the list.

You know I think that Vic Darchinyan called out Pac at some point. Add him and Yuri Foreman to the list of Middle Eastern fighters that Pac ducked.

I'm sure he's ducked alot more, that ****ing *****.
        Last edited by PH|L; 04-20-2010, 01:18 PM.

Comment

We can add Berto to the list of African American fighters team Pac ducked.

Mayweather, Mosely, and Berto all within a year. Funny stuff considering the heat Mayweather catches.
          WTF? Mayweather is the one who duck Pac by requesting his own testing.

Comment

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
            Berto has absolutely 0 chance of beating Manny.

He's nowhere near elite. At this point, it would take a significant size advantage for Manny to lose (ie, him fighting at 154, or a Pwill/Margarito height fighter) or maybe Floyd, who could take a decision from him.

Berto does nothing for Manny financially or legacy-wise.
            Nes:

I agree. But my question is is this ducking? Berto has only a punchers chance. But Bob's answer was its not viable on pay per view.

Baldomir is the undisputed ww champ. You get offered more money from Baldos promoter to fight him then you do Margarito (no belt at time). Who do you fight?

Again when Pac fans understand what Bob is REALLY doing as they get more educated about the sport of boxing, not just manny, then they can begin to see why manny has not been matched against a certain kind of fighter as he has moved up the last 4 years.

Now that manny is a viable ppv fighter, Bob will not match him up in tough fights against non top rank fighters unless he believes manny has a HUGE advantage (hatton) or it makes sick money (odh).

Dont hold your breath for manny v tim bradley or pac v. jmm3. But Pac v. yuri foreman is coming. I f&cking hate Bob!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PH|L View Post

If you could you'd have to mention Nate Campbell, and I think Lamont Peterson called out Pac at some point. And even BHOP said something about fighting Pac, but Pac ducked him.

Add to those black fighters all the latino fighters that Pac ducked like Humberto Soto, Juan Diaz, Joan Guzman, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Edwin Valero. And if Pac doesn't fight MArgarito, you can add Margarito's name to the list.

You know I think that Vic Darchinyan called out Pac at some point. Add him and Yuri Foreman to the list of Middle Eastern fighters that Pac ducked.

Stick with the original question and stop inventing extremes to make your point. Berto didn't call out Pac. The SI announcer, who feels Berto is #3 ww behind may and pac, asked Bob a question about them fighting and Bob answered.

I'm not saying its ducking. I'm asking why floyd's actions are demmed different then pacs when it comes to selecting fights once you attain a certain status in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingholic View Post
                WTF? Mayweather is the one who duck Pac by requesting his own testing.
                In the mind of children, I could see where that conclusion could possibly be made. However, I'm a rational adult with an independent line of thinking, and I know better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by PH|L View Post

A duck is a duck, and it's been a commonly used tactic by team Pac, especially African American fighters.

Nope, no need for all that, I will however mention 3 top 5 WW's, all of whom Pac apparently has no interest in fighting.

Comment

Pac and Arum are nothing more than a joke.

Comment

A duck is a duck, and it's been a commonly used tactic by team Pac, especially African American fighters.

Nope, no need for all that, I will however mention 3 top 5 WW's, all of whom Pac apparently has no interest in fighting.
                      the only reason Berto is a top5 WW is cause Pac beat the **** out of 2 of the other top5 WW. Its never good enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X