Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC Fans Please Ask Bob Arum What is Ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Stick with the original question and stop inventing extremes to make your point. Berto didn't call out Pac. The SI announcer, who feels Berto is #3 ww behind may and pac, asked Bob a question about them fighting and Bob answered.

I'm not saying its ducking. I'm asking why floyd's actions are demmed different then pacs when it comes to selecting fights once you attain a certain status in boxing
    I wasn't replying to you. If anyone needs to stick to the original question, its the guy I was replying to.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      as opposed to ducking to fight margs???riiiite...
      yall using the word duck.. lol! pacman ducks no one.. and that should be obvious by now. And marg and berto both get wrecked anyway.. FLOYD is next. Dude talkin way too much, pac needs to servem.. but floyd will give pacman trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
        yall using the word duck.. lol! pacman ducks no one.. and that should be obvious by now. And marg and berto both get wrecked anyway.. FLOYD is next. Dude talkin way too much, pac needs to servem.. but floyd will give pacman trouble.
        I wouldn't say "Pac ducks no one"...quite a few people he has ducked...when he finally doesn't duck the top 2 WW,he will lose.

Comment

Top Rank's Bob Arum told Chris Mannix at SI.com he had "no interest" in matching Berto with Manny Pacquiao. "Berto does nothing for me on a pay-per-view," said Arum

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...aye/index.html

Isn't this ducking? Or, is it good business because its high risk no reward. I think Pac beats Berto easy. Apparently, bob doesn't. Is Bob scared? Bob's answer wasn't about win or lose or respect or Berto being an upstanding citizen who deserves a shot it was about money generated. iS paC SCARED OF bERTO?

Please all Pac fans please make sure you remember this the next time you go on a thread with the "Floyd is ducking" OR ANY OF THE OTHER BULL**** YOU POST.

Manny is just getting to where floyd has been for over 2 years. As such, he is operating the same way. When Pac fans become boxing fans they will understand this.

Peace!!
          I think after the low PPV's the Clottey fight got Pac isn't willing to do another no-namer immediately after. Even Arum will make less money since its not in house.

Ducking? Not really, avoiding a low reward fight...definately. Berto fight would be a decent fight, however, all hate for Margacheato aside...Marg makes more sense, more crowd pleasing, more fans and he has more of a chance of beating Pac IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
            I think after the low PPV's the Clottey fight got Pac isn't willing to do another no-namer immediately after. Even Arum will make less money since its not in house.

Ducking? Not really, avoiding a low reward fight...definately. Berto fight would be a decent fight, however, all hate for Margacheato aside...Marg makes more sense, more crowd pleasing, more fans and he has more of a chance of beating Pac IMO.
            If Marg had a better shot, he won't be the frontrunner for a Pac fight IMO.

Comment

Pac against anyone is alway an attraction but we all want to see Pacquiao-Mayweather, And no Pac isnt ducking Berto he would destroy Berto.
              Last edited by Ray*; 04-20-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

so u go from a low reward fighter whos somewhat worthy to a low reward fighter who's not worthy at all???and what was the reason for refusing the 40mil for the floyd fight again???was it principle??? because we all kno arum has no principles, but pac fighting margs would just prove that he didnt either.

i dnt get how u can say floyd is trying to control pac by making him take a drung test, when u have arum controlling his career like a hawk. its sad really...

Comment

I don't wanna see Pacquiao fight Berto or Margarito, but out of the two fighters,Margarito is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too slow for Pacquiao (did anyone watch Pavlik vs Martinez-same ****).Berto has a better chance with his hand speed,but he is still too flat footed...
                  The only fight that makes sense is the winner of Floyd and Shane...

Comment

Pac would beat Berto, but that reason Arum gave doesn't work for me. They fought Josh Clottey on PPV and he doesn't even own a title

Comment

Top Rank's Bob Arum told Chris Mannix at SI.com he had "no interest" in matching Berto with Manny Pacquiao. "Berto does nothing for me on a pay-per-view," said Arum

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...aye/index.html

Isn't this ducking? Or, is it good business because its high risk no reward. I think Pac beats Berto easy. Apparently, bob doesn't. Is Bob scared? Bob's answer wasn't about win or lose or respect or Berto being an upstanding citizen who deserves a shot it was about money generated. iS paC SCARED OF bERTO?

Please all Pac fans please make sure you remember this the next time you go on a thread with the "Floyd is ducking" OR ANY OF THE OTHER BULL**** YOU POST.

Manny is just getting to where floyd has been for over 2 years. As such, he is operating the same way. When Pac fans become boxing fans they will understand this.

Peace!!

no wonder, floyd learned something from arum when it comes to picking who he's gonna fight.

but i don't ever heard pac mention something like the bolded against any possible future opponent.

most likely pac would have said something like this.

pac: i will fight anybody that my promoter (arum) will put infront of me initaym, iniwer.

and floyd,

pbf: im only fighting for money. he [name of boxer] aint ppv fighter. im the cash cow and i ain't fighting somebody for a slave's wage.

See the difference?

Comment

Working...
                      X