• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Good post.
    Wow, we agree on something!

And Wlad has dominated for so long I want to know why he is not in the Rings pound for pound top ten?
    It's very rare for a career heavyweight to get into the P4P top 10 (Lennox Lewis didn't make the list until 2000, and even then he was off the list a year later) - and the division is perceived as very weak at present, which hurts the perception of Wlad's résumé. I suspect that if Haye beats Ruiz convincingly and that if Wlad then beats Haye, Wlad will finally get in. He just needs an opponent people are willing to give him credit for beating.

Wlad is not there yet Chad Dawson is and all he has done is beat up two senior citizens in the last two years.
    They may be advanced in years but they're still very live are still rated very highly at their weight even after losing to him. And Dawson completely outclassed Adamek, who is hovering near the edge of many top 10 lists and is in a few.

And Cotto gets knocked out twice and he is still included in the top ten.
    There's an asterisk over the Margarito loss, which I suspect they're taking into account. And he beat Clottey. And a loss to the P4P #1 is no disgrace, even a one-sided loss, especially as he put on a very competitive fight in the early rounds - but I agree he shouldn't really be in the top 10 any more.

And Paul Williams has dominated absolutely nothing and yet he is in the top ten.
    I guess his ability to jump up and down weight classes and beat top contenders at several weights is what got him there, plus the fact that he beat Wright so convincingly. Despite Winky's age and the lay-off, that was a pretty good version of Wright, and he barely won a round. No one had ever done that to him before. But I agree that Williams really ought to be an undisputed champion in at least one weight class before being considered for the top 10. I think ability to move up in weight is given undue prominence in the P4P lists but its always been that way. And it's not as if Wlad would get in if Williams was dropped.
    Last edited by Dave Rado; 03-21-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
      Chambers would have been a contender in any era - he's at least as good as Jimmy Young was, for instance -
      Rubbish.

Young went 15 rounds with Muhammad Ali and was able to knock down + beat George Foreman.

There is no accomplishment on Eddie Chamber's resume even remotely close to that.
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-22-2010, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Rubbish.

Young went 15 rounds with Muhammad Ali and was able to knock down + beat George Foreman.

There is no accomplishment on Eddie Chamber's resume even remotely close to that.
        I'm talking about skills and speed, not resume. Chambers has similar skills and speed to Young.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
          You obviously don't know what irony is. Ravens Fan was being ironic. The point he was making was that Haye looked terrified of Valuev.
          Relax I understood he was being ironic, as was I. He acquitted himself well in his response to me, he doesn't need you.

Comment

Working...
          X