Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko-Eddie Chambers: Early Results, Notes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh **** yeah, what a KO! Chambers pretty much did a Clottey, didnt press in the final rounds and Klitschko like the champion he is, did press for a KO and got it with 20 seconds to spare, KO'd cold too. Goodbye Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rozco View Post
      this was the most pathetic boring title fight between two unskillful boxers i have seen. Cant believe people actually paid to see it. David haye would embarass klitchko. I dont think heavyweight boxing has ever been such poor quality as it is today.
      What? I thought the fight was pretty good considering Chambers did not play his part. Wladimir fought very well and gave us 12 rounds plus a destructive KO to finish. Wank, wank if you thought it was boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
        Yea your right. I did happen to notice how fearless Haye was when he fought Valuev.
        Its easy to be fearless when you can see the punches coming a mile away. Wlad is way more skilled than Valuev and i scored the Haye/Valuev fight pretty close. Vitali and Wlad will not be beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
          the klitschkos can't fight.they both are just to big for everyone else.they grab like girls when you hit them and when they are going backwards they look terrible.like they are slew footed.as long as you let the come forward with the jab they wll when but it kills me to watch them fight like that.
          Wlad has timing, speed, power and a well proven defense. His moving backwards is light and quick. The right can be very predictable, but the left is random, extremely hard and with textbook snap and is the tool that begins the doubt in the mind of his opponents. Not a bad list of talents if you ask me. Everyone who taught boxing is taught to fight on the outside and Wlad has totally perfected the fundamentals of hitting without being hit. Every top 10 heavy he fights has the same plan...shake Wlad up, but he is very hard to even hit and the punishment is non stop for the opponent. All opponents are looking confident on arrival, but 3 - 4 rounds later have all but given up. These fights are looking less and less competitive and the beatings are prolonged and I think Chambers will find it hard to come back after being taken out that late in such a brutal fashion.

I realised why Wlad no longer uppercuts, hooks or rips the body. All other punches reveal the head and with his one-two offense and his height advantage, he slows the hands when he brings them back which effectively removes the head as a target for counterpunching for shorter boxers. The last time Wlad face even looked like he'd been in a fight was against fellow tall man Tony Thompson where he had to revert to traditional boxing. Either way, what Wlad is doing in there is much more than to a casual rock-em sock-em robot fan will notice. He's adapted his usual height advantage and through his nearly 60 fight experience against predominantly shorter opponents, will simply keep laying beat-downs until he ages and slows. Even Steward who created this boxer can see that there is no competition left and tonight wanted him to take what Wlad would interpret as unnecessary risks for the viewers later on.

The whole problem is since the freestyle punching days pre Steward, Emmanuel has created a very well oiled and much fitter, technical machine. I haven't seen Wlad that bulked up since Brewster which I though might be a problem, but his output is so controlled. It's a shame the old, punches in bunches Wlad is gone. He should at least return to the old style if the oppoment has nothing to throw in the whole second half of the fight. I just kept thinking "man, he is just too patient these days".

Comment

You Tube

Thank God for youtube because all I had to do was watch the 12th round to see what the result of the fight. I don't enjoy watching Wladimir cuz of his boring ass style. If he was more of a aggressive fighter he would have a following besides in Germany. His brother Vitali is actually the better fighter and more aggressive boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
              If by fearless you mean slightly above average, then yes Haye is fearless.
              It was a joke that I guess you did not get.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                It was a joke that I guess you did not get.
                I did get it and it was hilarious, awesome job.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
                  Its very sad 2 see, the Heavyweight division use 2 be the crown jewel of the sport. Now its a ****ing joke.

The only joke I see are the so called American contenders that are being KTFO'd year in year out by the K's.

Comment

AT least chamber got in a good body slam.

Comment

I believe that if the Klit brothers were Americans they would have a "The Great White Hope has Arrived" parade on main streets across the good old USA. And the brothers would have keys to every city in the country.

Comment

Working...
                      X