No announcement yet.

UFC's Frank Mir: "If not for their 2 or 3 superstars, Boxing would be DEAD"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
    Thats crazy that for someone who doesnt know mma very well, that you know St Pierre, weird.

Anyway, Mir's opinion is biased. If Mir were in boxing he would say MMA will go down. If Floyd Mayweather were in the ufc he would say the cage is the new hit thing and boxing lost its flare. No creature (human or otherwise) would dedicate their life to something, then say their sport is boring to watch and would disappear without a few key people. Its just him trying to make himself feel better, thats all, dont take it for more than it is.

Personally, I love MMA, but it is not boxing. Also, I really love boxing, but it is not MMA. There are enough followers for both sports, neither of them will go away. Sure, it might stop being televised, or worth all this money, or whatever, but you will always have people that want to watch both or either.
    I saw the rematch with GSP or someone

The UFC commentators were talking highly of him

I did watch a few events, but it's not exactly my thing

One of my closest friends loves kung fu, boxing and doing **** like that so I'm into a lil bit of MMA

However I am an all out boxing fan but do not have a boxing gym

I go to a normal gym for weights, treadmill, heavy bag etc

I respect both because I was jabbing him and throwing a few quick punches in sparring and he did some high kick block and got me. MMA is good as a fighting thing if you know what to do for sure

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
      Next year who will be boxing's biggest stars?? Who will replace Pac/Mayweather?? Oh yea.....other than them 2. Who is making noise to the casual fans?? mmmm

I know in the world boxing will always be big. In the U.S. however, it doesn't look too good like you people make it out to be.
      Next year will be Pac and Floyd. They still have a few good years left.

Canelo is huge in Mexico and he can easily sell out stadiums in the US. He can also do some solid PPV numbers. If you put Canelo against Floyd in a few years... that fight easily does over one million buys without a lot of promotion.

Amir Khan also has a big fan base in the UK.

Jose Benavidez will be a star in 4-5 years.

Comment

Roy Jones
        Ricky Hatton
        Vitali Klitscho
        Wladamir Klitscho
        Floyd Maywether jr
        Manny Pacquiao
        Miguel Cotto
        Shane Mosely
        Bernard Hopkins

10 guys that are all more recognizable than Frank Mir in any poll that you'd conduct if you asked a random person on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
          Next year will be Pac and Floyd. They still have a few good years left.

Canelo is huge in Mexico and he can easily sell out stadiums in the US. He can also do some solid PPV numbers. If you put Canelo against Floyd in a few years... that fight easily does over one million buys without a lot of promotion.

Amir Khan also has a big fan base in the UK.

Jose Benavidez will be a star in 4-5 years.
          And HOW DO YOU KNOW?? Is that what your little magic ball told you?? That they will be fighting still in the next couple of years??

You just mentioned me a MEXICAN and a BRIT. lol

Comment

This is what happens when Mir talk too much.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
              Go talk about UFC's struggles as of late...

UFC 100 1,600,000 + 245%
              UFC 101 850,000 + 29%
              UFC 102 435,000 -30%
              UFC 103 375,000 -40%
              UFC 104 500,000 -20%
              UFC 106 375,000 -40%
              UFC 107 620,000 +/- 0
              UFC 108 300,000 -51%
              UFC 109 275,000 -55%
              UFC 110 240,000 -62%

they're definitely trending the wrong way

Comment

anybody who believes this guy is a ****king moron.

Comment

2-3 boxers don't make up an entire sport. Sure there wouldn't be superfights but new popular fighters would eventually come up. Boxing is not dead, wasn't dead, and never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
                    oh really? i didn't know you can easily replace pacquiao or mayweather in the eyes of the casual fans.
                    10 years ago who would have thought Pac would have been as great as he's become. Right now there's a guy fighting that everyone is underestimating that will fill Pac's void once he's gone. That's the way boxing works. Boxers come and go, but boxing is forever. No one thought there'd be someone as great as Joe Lous- Then Cassius Clay came. No one thought there'd be a star as big as Ali, then Leonard came, then Tyson, then De La Hoya, Now Pacquiao. And on And on And on...

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
                      And HOW DO YOU KNOW?? Is that what your little magic ball told you?? That they will be fighting still in the next couple of years??

You just mentioned me a MEXICAN and a BRIT. lol
                      That's what GBP is planning on doing with him.

Who cares if I mention a Mexican and Brit? They both make more money than anyone in the UFC and are recognized world wide. More boxers will come up and become more popular when the spotlight is off Pac and Floyd.

Cotto can still do some solid numbers.

Comment

Working...
                      X