UFC's Frank Mir: "If not for their 2 or 3 superstars, Boxing would be DEAD"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by California Love View Post
    He's a nobody.

Ask people if they know who he is and they'll tell you... WHO? I never heard of him before.
    He's a big name in the MMA world. I wouldn't count him as a nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
      He's a nobody here.

Comment

Mir walks down the street the most he will get is "Isnt that the guy that lost to that WWE guy? Brock Lesnar.... whats his name?"

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
          Mir walks down the street people say "Isnt that the guy that lost to that WWE guy? Brock Lesnar"
          Brock Lesnar, who was an amazing amateur wrestler? The guy who is the current World Heavyweight Champion and a former NCAA heavyweight champion? Yeah, no shame in losing to Brock Lesnar.

Comment

To be fair, Tim Sylvia was ****** and overlooked Mercer, he hadn't trained much and came in weighing like 30-40 pounds more than he usually weighs in.

But Mercer did knock him out with one punch, can't take that away from him.
            If I am being honest, I was worried about old Ray's health. At 49 I couldn't help but think that he was going to be ****** out.

Comment

Frank Mir's a complete ass that narrowly escaped death when fighting Brock Lesnar.

boxing would never be dead without its superstars

Comment

Brock Lesnar, who was an amazing amateur wrestler? The guy who is the current World Heavyweight Champion and a former NCAA heavyweight champion? Yeah, no shame in losing to Brock Lesnar.
                We're talking about Star power, not the legitimacy of Mir's lose. He is the guy that lost to a WWE star Brock Lesnar. Nothing more.

Comment

In the MMA world. People don't know him outside the MMA world. Ask people who don't watch boxing about DLH, Pacquiao, Floyd, etc. casual fans and people who don't watch the sport know who they are.

Comment

Frank Mir is a nobody? The guy is a former UFC Heavyweight World Champion..

That's why he's still working as a bouncer, he's just trying to troll the boxing fans into getting pissed and buying his next fight hoping he loses. He doesn't know jack **** about boxing.

Comment

They would be replace the next anointed boxer by the media and the people.

Comment

Working...
                      X