UFC's Frank Mir: "If not for their 2 or 3 superstars, Boxing would be DEAD"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
    How do you know Canelo and Khan make more money than any UFC?? lol
    UFC fighters may not make as much money but that doesn't really concern me. I'm not seeing a cent of it.

How could you honestly say Cotto can still do solid numbers? Wait till he fights Foreman till you say something dumb like that.
    cotto has been makin a mill and better for the past couple of years for a fight.which ufc fighter has made a mill for a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
      How do you know Canelo and Khan make more money than any UFC?? lol
      UFC fighters may not make as much money but that doesn't really concern me. I'm not seeing a cent of it.

How could you honestly say Cotto can still do solid numbers? Wait till he fights Foreman till you say something dumb like that.
      People still want to see Cotto fight and he does have a loyal fan base. It's not like his fans are gone now because he lost to Manny. Think before you post.

UFC will always beat **** compare to boxing. When the **** have you ever seen a guy come off the streets and dominate the sport of boxing?

Lesnar is a joke.

People all over the world are talking about boxing. No one gives a **** about UFC. The UFC hype is dying and will keep dying. Ask Random people off the street to name you 3-4 boxers and name you 3-4 UFC fighters. I guarantee you most people will name 3-4 boxers and most of them won't know UFC fighters.

The PPV numbers and ratings speak for themselves.

Comment

This guy just did a successful troll on you guys, why do you even care what he thinks? He's a nobody hack that still works as a bouncer.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
          People still want to see Cotto fight and he does have a loyal fan base. It's not like his fans are gone now because he lost to Manny. Think before you post.

UFC will always beat **** compare to boxing. When the **** have you ever seen a guy come off the streets and dominate the sport of boxing?

Lesnar is a joke.

People all over the world are talking about boxing. No one gives a **** about UFC. The UFC hype is dying and will keep dying. Ask Random people off the street to name you 3-4 boxers and name you 3-4 UFC fighters. I guarantee you most people will name 3-4 boxers and most of them won't know UFC fighters.

The PPV numbers and ratings speak for themselves.
          You have to ask will anyone in MMA reach the world wide recognition that floyd mayweather, manny pacqoiao , mike tyson, muhammed ali etc have reached? if you say yes LOL youre crazy.

Comment

Boxing is such a better sport, no boxing fan gives a ***** what you say buddy. Oh and those two superstars in boxing make like 20 mil more a year than your two superstars, which I believe are St. Pierre and Silva. Boxing has the better athletes, the better warriors and the higher skill level. This is all my opinion of course but I use to watch UFC and I quickly grew to hate it, I like two guys fighting toe to toe hitting each other with punches, not tussling on the ground, UFC would be cool if it was no rules. In my opinion, if you take boxing, wrestling and all the martial arts and combine it into one sport you have may too many guys trying to fight their style and it makes for ***** fights. Plus for me an arm bar, leg lock or choke hold is just as dirty as biting, fish hooks, and eye gouging.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
              This guy just did a successful troll on you guys, why do you even care what he thinks? He's a nobody hack that still works as a bouncer.
              Frank Mir is a nobody? The guy is a former UFC Heavyweight World Champion..

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post

Mir said boxing's decline has forced the sport to put together substandard match-ups because there are few bankable stars in its divisions.

"They're trying to move guys into different weight classes to make superfights," he said. "There's really no weight division that has anything going on in it. If you look at boxing as far as (the) mainstream, I think you're hard pressed now to even ask people who's in the heavyweight division in boxing, which has always been one of the premier weight classes for the sport of boxing.

"Right now, if it wasn't for the two or three superstars that they have in their sport willing to fight each other even through they're not in the same weight class I don't think you'd have any boxing matches going on whatsoever."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...alk_fan_apathy
                whateva man. Ray Mercer KO1 (9 seconds) Tim Sylvia.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                  Frank Mir is a nobody? The guy is a former UFC Heavyweight World Champion..
                  He's a nobody.

Ask people if they know who he is and they'll tell you... WHO? I never heard of him before.

Comment

And Vitali Klitschko kills Mir dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                      whateva man. Ray Mercer KO1 (9 seconds) Tim Sylvia.
                      To be fair, Tim Sylvia was ****** and overlooked Mercer, he hadn't trained much and came in weighing like 30-40 pounds more than he usually weighs in.

But Mercer did knock him out with one punch, can't take that away from him.

Comment

Working...
                      X