No announcement yet.

UFC's Frank Mir: "If not for their 2 or 3 superstars, Boxing would be DEAD"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flexxx145 View Post
    LOL Dana White is the one holding back his sport MMA. By not co promoting with other organizations. Contractually holding back his fighters from participating in other MMA tournaments. He keeps all the profit while MMA fighters make peanuts. A big name boxer makes millions for 1 fight, a big name mma fighter makes max a couple hundred thousand for 1 fight. If he is doing 1 million ppv buys like Manny and Floyd. Then why aren't the fighters in those main events making Manny and Floyd money?
    But money shouldn't mean anything to the fan because you're not making a dime off any of them. The thing with the UFC that I like is you always see the best fight the best, as with Boxing we've seen some great fights never made because of Boxing's bureaucracy and Promoters' greed. I mean, look at the bull**** us Boxing fans have to go through to have the biggest fight in the last 25 years to occur. Meanwhile, the UFC would have that date set for either the Summer or the Fall with no questions asked.

To me, I'm a fan regardless. If Joe Blow makes $5 off the fight, it doesn't concern me unless I'm either training, promoting, or am the fighter's agent. That's like not being a fan of Kevin Durant because Oklahoma isn't paying him $9 mill a year.

Comment

• Mir is a mouthy tub of lard who wouldn't last one round with any of the top 20 HW's. I think he would be seriously injured or killed by either Klit if a match was ever made. That's MMA or straight boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
        Oh cool. Coming from the most credible guy in boxing. Right on bro!! lol

Dana White could have easily shut him down and he chose not to because he is a liar.

Schaefer put him in his place.

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        That's definitely not true...

Boxers aren't skilled in grappling, wrestling, getting out of Muy Thai clinches, blocking kicks to the head, legs, knees, ribs, etc. It's a whole different can of worms. In the same sense, a pure MMA fighter wouldn't do as well in Boxing because they're now limited to standing up against another Boxer who's trained for years solely how to Box. It works both ways, but one doesn't conquer the other in which form of fighting would be easier to tackle.

Don't confuse options with skills....."men of many traits but a master of nothing"

Comment

• every year we have someone claiming that Boxing is about to "die". and guess what every year boxing continues to thrive!!! When Pacquiao and Floyd retire, they will just be replaced by another 2 huge draws. The fighters will be always be their and its the fans who make them huge draws!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            But money shouldn't mean anything to the fan because you're not making a dime off any of them. The thing with the UFC that I like is you always see the best fight the best, as with Boxing we've seen some great fights never made because of Boxing's bureaucracy and Promoters' greed. I mean, look at the bull**** us Boxing fans have to go through to have the biggest fight in the last 25 years to occur. Meanwhile, the UFC would have that date set for either the Summer or the Fall with no questions asked.

To me, I'm a fan regardless. If Joe Blow makes $5 off the fight, it doesn't concern me unless I'm either training, promoting, or am the fighter's agent. That's like not being a fan of Kevin Durant because Oklahoma isn't paying him $9 mill a year.
            Pretty much nailed it. Greed is what fucks boxing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
              but i am saying its easier for a boxer to go MMA and win than an MMA guy to go boxing and win taken JUST their skills in their sport
              LOL I don't agree with that. I believe it's an equal trade. Both an MMA fighter and a Boxer face different circumstances going outside their realm. Now obviously, we're talking fighting at a high level of course. Ray Mercer was able to KO Tim Sylvia, but anyone who followed MMA knew Tim Sylvia was utter garbage. In the same sense, If Anderson Silva fought either a washed up or sub par boxer being he's had Professional Boxing matches, I'm sure he can hold his own as well, just not against the top fighters.

Comment

Wrong because I think guys like GSP, Anderson Silva, and BJ Penn deserve those big bucks. You don't always see the best fight becuase Fedor is the best HW and is probably never going to be seen in the UFC. Besides BJ Penn the other elite LW belong to other organizations. MMA is far from perfect it's like the little brother to boxing that will never be better. But will be good in it's own way.

Comment

• Who cares what Frank Mir thinks?

You like MMA watch it. You like boxing watch it.

Its a dumb argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
                    Facts???? LMao!!! What facts?? You haven't proven **** but your ******ity and hate for another sport.
                    Fact #1: UFC's top 4 2009 PPV's were either Lesnar or Penn.(Stacked Undercards)

Fact #2: Boxing Had 2 of the top 3, and 3 of the top 6 PPV's from 2009. (From 2 guys fighting above **** undercards.)

Fact #3: Mir stated, boxing will die after May-pac leave.

Conclusion: Mir should look at his own sport, when in reality it only has 2 notable big draws. Those draws are enhanced with good undercards, and the UFC Brand Name.(not a bad thing)

Mayweather-Pac, got more buys in two of there fights then all but one UFC PPV. If May-Pac had undercards with fighters such as, Dirrell, ward, abraham, margarito, berto, valero, bradley, etc, etc, I could go on forever... Then there buys would be even better.

Killing two stones in one: You say that UFC has as big if not bigger superstars in when you are clearly wrong. Mir states that boxing will die when those two guys are gone, in which he should look at his own sport before making such ******ed comments.

Comment

LOL I don't agree with that. I believe it's an equal trade. Both an MMA fighter and a Boxer face different circumstances going outside their realm. Now obviously, we're talking fighting at a high level of course. Ray Mercer was able to KO Tim Sylvia, but anyone who followed MMA knew Tim Sylvia was utter garbage. In the same sense, If Anderson Silva fought either a washed up or sub par boxer being he's had Professional Boxing matches, I'm sure he can hold his own as well, just not against the top fighters.
                      they def face differences going outta there realm lemmie try and clear it up more...in MMA boxing is considered one the skills u may posses along w jiu jitsu etc..most MMA guys dont like getting hit so they dont box the grapple..I train boxing at an MMA gym and not hardly any of the guys will spar boxing..so being a boxer u have at least one the skills possesed by an MMA fighter however an MMA fighter without boxing is left w no skill in the ring...is that any clearer? i mean yeah if an MMA guy has had pro boxing of course then it would b equal...hell i know this didnt help i'm still confused lol

Comment

Working...
                      X