Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Googled the side effects of giving blood.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rod_serrs View Post
    Wait....Here's a question. I often drive my grandfather to get his blood tests done at the doctor's office since he has diabetes. They draw the blood and he leaves the office and is off to work at a hotel. I notice that many other elderly people leave immediately and don't look weakened or weary in any way. So were supposed to believe that a prime and healthy 30 year old man will suffer ill effects, and dozens of senior citizen women I see leave the office don't?
    Damn good point!!!

Comment

Wait....Here's a question. I often drive my grandfather to get his blood tests done at the doctor's office since he has diabetes. They draw the blood and he leaves the office and is off to work at a hotel. I notice that many other elderly people leave immediately and don't look weakened or weary in any way. So were supposed to believe that a prime and healthy 30 year old man will suffer ill effects, and dozens of senior citizen women I see leave the office don't?
      I don't think Pacquiao has issued an issue of validity of physical weakening and if anything it is largely psychological. Why can't we respect that?

Why can't we make arrangements of testing in terms of different timing instead of right before the fight? Pacquiao has agreed to testing around January and immediately after the fight.

THat meant he is not avoiding it, but just an issue of timing.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        I have never had a doctor tell me that after a blood test. You must have some serious physical problems if they told you that.
        Well actually I do. Why is that funny to you guys? You people aren't human

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
          Pacquiao is of good standing with the Nevada Athletic Commission and has complied all of their rules and policies. Complied and passed all of their previous testings.

If so, then why is Pacquiao subjected under this unfair allegations by the opposing party? How legitimate is that?

The NAC isn't even the one making the actions, the Mayweather team are the ones making this into an issue.
          The NSAC doesn't do blood tests. They solely do urinalysis and that doesn't detect HgH. The HgH's are what Mayweather and other boxers, fans, and otherwise are curious to find out about.

Comment

The NSAC doesn't do blood tests. They solely do urinalysis and that doesn't detect HgH. The HgH's are what Mayweather and other boxers, fans, and otherwise are curious to find out about.
            I understand that but they're the ones responsible solely for governing and determining what is good or what is bad.

Not the Mayweather's request (which is really odd because they request an Olympic Type Testing which is RANDOMLY done) and yet they wanted it done - in mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
              Recovery and time between tests

Patients are usually kept at the test site for 10–15 minutes after giving blood since most adverse reactions take place during or immediately after the test. [51] Blood centers typically provide light refreshments such as tea and biscuits or a lunch allowance to help the patient recover.[52] The needle site is covered with a bandage and the patient is directed to keep the bandage on for several hours.[2] A typical Blood test is the equivalent of burning approximately 650 calories.[53]

removed plasma is replaced after 2-3 days.[54] Red blood cells are replaced by bone marrow into the circulatory system at a slower rate, on average 36 days in healthy adult males. In that study, the range was 20 to 59 days for recovery.[55] These replacement rates are the basis of how frequently a patient can give blood.
              that's great... so BOTH fighters would suffer these then

no excuses, they'll be both weak for losing a freaking teaspoon of blood. lets see the tests

honestly, pac blew it when he used "i'm afraid of needles" as an excuse. the guy has like 10 ****ing tattoos
              Last edited by fdotorres; 12-24-2009, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
                that's great... so BOTH fighter would suffer these then

no excuses, they'll be both weak for losing a freaking teaspoon of blood. lets see the tests

honestly, pac blew it when he used "i'm afraid of needles" as an excuse. the guy has like 10 ****ing tattoos
                Unless it is an official policy there are no general consensus on the requests of the Mayweather's camp/family on this one.

It isn't an excuse and it isn't mandatory. Olympic Style Testing is based on RANDOM testing, not mandatory. In this case, the Mayweathers are contradicting themselves.

Comment

I understand that but they're the ones responsible solely for governing and determining what is good or what is bad.

Not the Mayweather's request (which is really odd because they request an Olympic Type Testing which is RANDOMLY done) and yet they wanted it done - in mandatory.
                  A urinalysis is not enough. Eventually, someone has to point a finger at someone and raise awareness to what may be going on. It happened in baseball and its now being cleaned up. Pacquiao claims that he supports fairness in sports, yet won't lead by example. So many other world class athletes have to go along with these tests but do it. Pacquiao has to deal with somewhere between 3-5 over a 3 month span, certainly not a big deal since it only takes minutes and your off to doing your own thing immediately.

Comment

Unless it is an official policy there are no general consensus on the requests of the Mayweather's camp/family on this one.

It isn't an excuse and it isn't mandatory. Olympic Style Testing is based on RANDOM testing, not mandatory. In this case, the Mayweathers are contradicting themselves.
                    i don't care about the cherry fighter

i'm talking about the guy i wanted to see winning. they guy with 10 tattoos, whose excuse for not doing the tests is "i'm afraid of needles"

Comment

Originally posted by HTownTexan View Post
                      That is when you are donating, I think, a pint of blood....

Shaeffer said that this would be less invasive and that it would only be a tablespoon of blood each time....
                      Bingo. Huge difference between a pint of blood and a tablespoon.

Comment

Working...
                      X