Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Googled the side effects of giving blood.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
    Right here Fools!. You guys never proved **** only I did. ***ots!

You did'nt own ****! I know how it feels to have blood taken. It makes you weak it's just a fact of life. I did'nt make it up it's facts.
    man stfu!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fabie View Post
      I think you are dispeling the notion of the issue of psychology in boxers. What makes them click are based on their own psyche.

People are often governed by their own thinking, rituals, psyche, habits and then some. Tattooing and boxing has nothing to do with the other unless you agree to it.

The issue of phobia is based on irrational fear. So what if Pacquiao has needle phobia if that is real after all. What is the point?

The point is about fighting, not about who is brave with the needles. Many people (boxers and non-boxers alike) and great people and non-great people alike have been inspired or influenced by their own phobias.

But again, what is the point to this?

Rob Pacquiao of his greatness due to his phobia of needles? hahahahaha if anything that is irrational.
      are you reading what i said?

TATTOOS ARE DONE WITH NEEDLES

do you get that? why do you keep ignoring the fact that pacquiao has several tattoos done with NEEDLES that are much more painful?

pacquiao's the one robbing people of a great fight because of a lame excuse

isn't he scared of needles after the fight and before the press conference? is he only scare of them during training? isn't he afraid of them when he gets tattooed? how convenient

Comment

• Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
        are you reading what i said?

TATTOOS ARE DONE WITH NEEDLES

do you get that? why do you keep ignoring the fact that pacquiao has several tattoos done with NEEDLES that are much more painful?

pacquiao's the one robbing people of a great fight because of a lame excuse

isn't he scared of needles after the fight and before the press conference? is he only scare of them during training? isn't he afraid of them when he gets tattooed? how convenient
        I think you are fixated on needles, whereas Pacquiao is fixated on the "loss of blood" equating to "loss of energy" in his own mind.

I have never disagree with the tattoo and needle correlation but that isn't my point at all. If you listen intently to what Pacquiao has said it isn't about the needles.

If anything, Bob Arum is largely responsible in uttering those statements.

Comment

• If anyone is getting robbed, it's Pacquiao out of a guaranteed $40 million+ payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            If anyone is getting robbed, it's Pacquiao out of a guaranteed $40 million+ payday.
            I think that it isn't "robbery", he has money and will make more money......and if anything you have to count Mayweather into this also while him needing more of the money with his debts.

Comment

• **** manny if he doesnt take the test........

Comment

• Fabie: Out of a majority of the forum posters I make a point of following, I assumed, based on your past posts, that YOU would see why Pac HAS to comply. This isn't an issue that can be handled with arguments based on "The complexity of the prize fighters psyche and their propensity for superstition/ irrationality." The acceptable testing time tables outlined by Pac and his management are exactly why Pac comes off looking guilty or at the very best suspicious.

I agree that Pac has always come off as polite and sensible and quite honestly is the last person I would suspect of poor sportsmanship. That being said, I DO find his ability to raise in weight and remain so dominant without displaying a single detriment to any aspect of his game as somewhat questionable. That is not to say that he is or is not doping but the current environment is not in any way responding positively to this situation. His refusal to do something as simple as proving that he is not lying doesn't sit right with most people. I agree that Mayweather Sr. and Co. are being less than professional in their own right by making accusations without concrete evidence, but having hunches and voicing them shouldn't get such a rise out of the Pac camp. Further, Roach/Ariza Etc. freaking out rather than saying, "**** you Floyd, bring all the tests you want, come March, you'll be eating your meals out of a straw." instead of getting upset and talking about getting other fights, is all BS posturing at best. There is no better fight. There is no bigger fight.

At this point Pac HAS to agree or look like a suspicious fella. He can't hide behind how he THINKS blood removal affects his body. His superstitions and whatever need to be set aside and he needs to play ball. Floyd has him in a tough spot, but refusal oblige to his request is in fact not in his best interests.
                Last edited by MonkeyEarMuffs; 12-25-2009, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabie View Post
                  I think you are fixated on needles, whereas Pacquiao is fixated on the "loss of blood" equating to "loss of energy" in his own mind.

I have never disagree with the tattoo and needle correlation but that isn't my point at all. If you listen intently to what Pacquiao has said it isn't about the needles.

If anything, Bob Arum is largely responsible in uttering those statements.
                  of course that isn't your point; you ignored it completely to keep the contradiction alive

konz said that pacquiao said that he's afraid of needles. bob arum said it too. as it stands, pacquiao said that. if his own team make up negative, contradictory things about him, then he better fire them

Comment

• Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
                    Recovery and time between tests

Patients are usually kept at the test site for 10–15 minutes after giving blood since most adverse reactions take place during or immediately after the test. [51] Blood centers typically provide light refreshments such as tea and biscuits or a lunch allowance to help the patient recover.[52] The needle site is covered with a bandage and the patient is directed to keep the bandage on for several hours.[2] A typical Blood test is the equivalent of burning approximately 650 calories.[53]

removed plasma is replaced after 2-3 days.[54] Red blood cells are replaced by bone marrow into the circulatory system at a slower rate, on average 36 days in healthy adult males. In that study, the range was 20 to 59 days for recovery.[55] These replacement rates are the basis of how frequently a patient can give blood.

you know that when you donate you give a PINT of blood...google a pint compared to an amount under a table spoon....your blood is very efficient and recycles itself very quickly

Comment

• Originally posted by HTownTexan View Post
                      That is when you are donating, I think, a pint of blood....

Shaeffer said that this would be less invasive and that it would only be a tablespoon of blood each time....
                      Yes, they can test him whenever they want which means it could be everyday and could amount to a pint or more during the testing period.

Comment

Working...
                      X