Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Googled the side effects of giving blood.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
    Recovery and time between tests

Patients are usually kept at the test site for 10–15 minutes after giving blood since most adverse reactions take place during or immediately after the test. [51] Blood centers typically provide light refreshments such as tea and biscuits or a lunch allowance to help the patient recover.[52] The needle site is covered with a bandage and the patient is directed to keep the bandage on for several hours.[2] A typical Blood test is the equivalent of burning approximately 650 calories.[53]

removed plasma is replaced after 2-3 days.[54] Red blood cells are replaced by bone marrow into the circulatory system at a slower rate, on average 36 days in healthy adult males. In that study, the range was 20 to 59 days for recovery.[55] These replacement rates are the basis of how frequently a patient can give blood.
    You forgot to mention that, when people donate blood, they give a pint (16 ounces) not a teaspoon, which is required for the Olympic style blood test. When I go to my doctor's office and they draw blood, they draw one or two vials (about two ounces or about the size of two of my index fingers) and I walk away within a minute after it is drawn. One day I went to the track and ran three miles within an hour after having two vials of blood drawn with no effect. But a teaspoon of Pac's blood taken within 24 hours of the fight would cause him (not Mayweather) to lose the fight? If you believe that, I have a bridge I want to sell you.

Comment

This is it. It shut's all you fools up.
      They take a miniscule amount for a blood test. It has zero effect.

Comment

Recovery and time between tests

Patients are usually kept at the test site for 10–15 minutes after giving blood since most adverse reactions take place during or immediately after the test. [51] Blood centers typically provide light refreshments such as tea and biscuits or a lunch allowance to help the patient recover.[52] The needle site is covered with a bandage and the patient is directed to keep the bandage on for several hours.[2] A typical Blood test is the equivalent of burning approximately 650 calories.[53]

removed plasma is replaced after 2-3 days.[54] Red blood cells are replaced by bone marrow into the circulatory system at a slower rate, on average 36 days in healthy adult males. In that study, the range was 20 to 59 days for recovery.[55] These replacement rates are the basis of how frequently a patient can give blood.
        God your an ass clown. This is when you donate blood. I have donated blood on several occasions and can tell you that yes you do feel very weak, however that is when they take a pint of blood. The tests require less than a tablespoon. Link this site also so when can all see where it will clearly state that this happens when you DONATE blood. Not give out 1/32 of the pint used for donations.

Comment

Risks

The main risks with blood tests are discomfort or bruising at the site where the needle goes in. These complications usually are minor and go away shortly after the tests are done. They are minimized by applying adequate pressure at the site of the needle stick after the test is done. Serious reactions to having blood drawn are very uncommon.

Side Effects

The main side effects of blood tests are pain at the site where blood is drawn and bruising at the site. Bruising can be avoided by holding firm pressure over the site for several minutes.

Some patients experience vasovagal reactions when they have blood drawn. This is a situation where a person briefly loses consciousness after having a fear reaction to a procedure or event.

Source: Medpedia

Comment

Try going to the gym after that and box. I've done it personally and it effected me big time. I know myself and I know how I felt not you so please STFU.
            You don't know what the hell you are talking about. If all you gave was a teaspoon and you couldn't go to the gym afterwards, then you are anemic and need medical attention. If you gave a full pint (16 ounces) which is what you give when "donating" blood, you should be a little weak for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
              I agree to a point. But Pacquiao's refusal isn't an issue of guilt admittance if anything at all. First of all, OLYMPIC TYPE blood testing is based on random testing, if so, why is Pacquiao subjected to a "mandatory testing" called for by the Mayweather team (instead of the Nevada Athletic Commission)?

Is Mayweather's request (ironic that it should be random testing, not forced or mandatory) on Pacquiao?

But why wouldn't a test on January be enough also? Sure your video link shows that "Pacquiao have a responsibility to boxing" but that statement is slanted towards Pacquiao being guilty tied to his refusal towards testing whereas it isn't even mandated by the Nevada Athletic Commission!

Does this mean that if anybody harped that allegations and "trial" are necessarily be done because of it? If so, then there wouldn't be any competitions at all if allegations are being hurled left and right without due evidence towards a "legitimate" ground towards testing.

Mayweather Sr., who started this rumor of steroid use of Pacquiao, even backed down after Pacquiao's lawyer hinted of a lawsuit of "slandering" Pacquiao. Allegations are serious and if one does not have any backing to do so, then he is also should be put to jail or at least a trial.

This is ludicrous.
              Exactly! why does Pac have to be the one to step up. If Mathew Hatton asks for this same test to be done on Floyd then there better not be a problem.

Comment

Only you think it will be a tablespoon. Are you doing the tests yourself? How the **** do you know what they are going to take. You just don't want to believe that someone can be as good as Pacquiao and not be black.
                totally agree with you bro, this fools cant accept the truth that pac could be this great.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                  Are you serious? I usually have muscle soreness for a couple days after giving blood.
                  Then there might be something wrong with you. My 2 year old had blood drawn the other day and was playing around just fine no soreness at all and no whining.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                    Are you serious? I usually have muscle soreness for a couple days after giving blood.
                    you are giving blood? Or doing blood test? How many times your veins get poke?

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                      You forgot to mention that, when people donate blood, they give a pint (16 ounces) not a teaspoon, which is required for the Olympic style blood test. When I go to my doctor's office and they draw blood, they draw one or two vials (about two ounces or about the size of two of my index fingers) and I walk away within a minute after it is drawn. One day I went to the track and ran three miles within an hour after having two vials of blood drawn with no effect. But a teaspoon of Pac's blood taken within 24 hours of the fight would cause him (not Mayweather) to lose the fight? If you believe that, I have a bridge I want to sell you.
                      owned

what up Big James!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X