Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to put an end to the "Manny put Cotto at a disadvantage with the weight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the weigh in is 24 hours before the fight. im not talking about that 1 pound. im talking about the weight on fight nite. he didnt rehydrate like he normaly does is all im saying. since you mention the clottey fight why was cotto never hurt vs a naturally bigger and stronger guy for 12 rounds. and then he was easily hurt buy a naturally smaller guy? the only reason i can see is he was better hydrated vs clottey, i didnt see him skinney and ribbs showing in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      Pacquiao showed who the boss was when he got the bigger split, no need to restrict a WW from coming in at the limit.

dont ever underestimate the ego of a fighter that's carrying the title of pound4pound best...but the good thing is; Cotto was professional and made the agreed weight...some fighters dont even honor that and pull an even bigger **** move by not even trying....

Comment

Originally posted by Makabetlog View Post
        because pac wants to fight cotto. but cotto shouldnt have fight pac because its a circus match that will kill boxing like he said
        so you said cotto wanted pac now you say pac wanted cotto. thats all i wanted to read thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          dont ever underestimate the ego of a fighter that's carrying the title of pound4pound best...but the good thing is; Cotto was professional and made the agreed weight...some fighters dont even honor that and pull an even bigger **** move by not even trying....
          No harm was done there. Mayweather came in at 146, as he said "This is a WW fight" and Freddie Roach/ Pacquiao restricted Cotto from coming in at 147. I wonder where the harm was done?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
            All boxers fight for money and Pacquaio brings more money than any other fight out there for cotto, So he has to take the fight, I really dont care if he wasnt made to sign the contract what is wrong is wrong and the fact that Pac could use his star power to have a 147 fight at 145 with the organisation sanctioning it has a title fight is WRONG.....simply WRONG.

Like i said before even at 147 or 148 Manny pacquiao would have kicked Cotto's a** the sameway but it doesnt take away what i feel is one of the things that is wrong in boxing.
            Co sign these pinos cant handle the truth. delusional, even when you blatantly say pac would have still won they say"excuses" . just dumb. like cotto is suppose to turn down millions

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo29 View Post
              so you said cotto wanted pac now you say pac wanted cotto. thats all i wanted to read thank you.
              so cotto fought pacquiao even if he dont want to?

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                the second catch was he wasn't to dehydrate over 5 pounds. Talk about *****! Lol
                proof?

Originally posted by elmalo29 View Post
                why was cotto never hurt vs a naturally bigger and stronger guy for 12 rounds. and then he was easily hurt buy a naturally smaller guy?
                steroids is another excuse,
                or u can look at the fight again and watch his chin got hit by an uppercut howitzer.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  Do you feel the same way about Chavez-Whitaker?

No i dont, The internet and boxing didnt mix and at the time, Boxing knowledge and negotation wasnt around to be discuss on the net at the time so yes i dont feel the same way about a fight that happen before MY era, Am talking about a recent fight and a fight that happen in MY era.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorMan View Post
                    Co sign these pinos cant handle the truth. delusional, even when you blatantly say pac would have still won they say"excuses" . just dumb. like cotto is suppose to turn down millions

Well sometime you would see a difference between someone who thinks and acknowledge whats wrong or right while sometimes some people stick to their fighter like glue, I dont care what excuse or accusation i get about Pacquiao i just think people like to make excuses tooo much for everything that he does that someone else look at as wrong.

So my point still stand in saying making a 147 title fight for 145 and getting the organisation to sanction it as a title fight left a bad taste, The same way people still talk about the BS Sugar ray leonard pulled against lalonde (Name??)

And by the way Was the Pavlik-Hopkins fight for any organisation belt at 170???

Comment

First of all im a HUGE cotto fan...

manny pacquaio put on a clinic against cotto for no other reason then that pac is one of the greatest fighters ever. Weight had nothing to do with it; he is just on another level.

Comment

Working...
                      X