No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cloud: "Chad Dawson Can't Run For 12 With Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
    A win over Cloud would be better because nobody looks good against Hopkins. Dawson needs an opponent that is going to bring the fight to him to increase his marketability. If what Dawson fans are saying is true about Cloud getting outboxed and schooled, why doesn't Chad take the fight?
    Seriously, how do you know he's not going to take the fight? How are you guys so certain? Pascal is hurt. Diaconu lost. Is Chad REALLY going to be inactive for a whole year? You guys give him no time. Anyone would have picked Johnson, Adamek and Tarver over Cloud, Pascal and Diaconu. Anyone.

There really is no winning for Chad. If he would have fought the bottom half of the LHW division, he would have been ducking Tarver Johnson and Adamek. But he did what he was SUPPOSED to do and he still loses.

I'm done with this topic. Its one thing to debate with people willing to be objective, but when it comes to Dawson, you and Dave are some Rush Limbaugh ****.

Comment

The Rodney Dangerfield of the boxing world?

Comment

cloud will get crushed.. if this fight gets made, ill bet all 40 of my points on it.. hahah

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          You're saying a win over hopkins would be as equal as a win over Cloud promotional wise? Choose your words carefully.

thanks for ignoring my post.
          What part of it did I ignore? Tarver never even hurt Woods in that fight, and Cloud came damn near to decapitating his ass with a left hook in one of those middle rounds. It was really close to getting stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            Seriously, how do you know he's not going to take the fight? How are you guys so certain? Pascal is hurt. Diaconu lost. Is Chad REALLY going to be inactive for a whole year? You guys give him no time. Anyone would have picked Johnson, Adamek and Tarver over Cloud, Pascal and Diaconu. Anyone.

There really is no winning for Chad. If he would have fought the bottom half of the LHW division, he would have been ducking Tarver Johnson and Adamek. But he did what he was SUPPOSED to do and he still loses.

I'm done with this topic. Its one thing to debate with people willing to be objective, but when it comes to Dawson, you and Dave are some Rush Limbaugh ****.
            Agree 100% with you.

Chad is just one of those guys. No matter what he does pathetic ****s like Iceta or whatever his name is will just ***** and moan that he didn't take the other route.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
              Agree 100% with you.

Chad is just one of those guys. No matter what he does pathetic ****s like Iceta or whatever his name is will just ***** and moan that he didn't take the other route.
              So why won't Chad even allow HBO to put Cloud on the undercard of his next fight? I've asked that question four times now and nobody has even tried to answer it. Which presumably means you can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                Agree 100% with you.

You think that I have a problem with Dawson fighting Johnson, and that's not true at all. It's just that after seeing how Johnson performed in that fight, it makes it hard for me to give Dawson any credit for the win. I was one of those people who tried to ignore his lackluster performance against Daniel Judah. But everything that people said about Johnson being too ring worn turned out to be true. His punches had zero pop to them. I mean do you honestly think Johnson could beat Cloud at this stage? I like Johnson, and he's one of my favorite fighters. But the past is the past. And if you think that Cloud will be an easy fight for Dawson then you are incredibly biased. Dawson might win, but he still needs to fight him.

2501 asked how do we know if Dawson will avoid Cloud? Well, the writing is on the wall. If what this story says is true, Dawson is flat out turning him down and refusing to let him fight on his undercard as Rado pointed out.

Comment

Off topic, Pascal-Cloud would be fight of the year and I'd put money on the underdog. Pascal is tough as nails, but he got hurt by Diaconu a couple times. I see Cloud eventually taking him out.

If Cloud wants Dawson, he needs to get his ass in the ring and stay busy. Give Tarver or Johnson a shot, the young guns need to clean out the divsion from the older cats. Tarver has more than 10 years in the Ring top 10, Johnson more than 6. His management is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                    Off topic, Pascal-Cloud would be fight of the year and I'd put money on the underdog. Pascal is tough as nails, but he got hurt by Diaconu a couple times. I see Cloud eventually taking him out.

If Cloud wants Dawson, he needs to get his ass in the ring and stay busy. Give Tarver or Johnson a shot, the young guns need to clean out the divsion from the older cats. Tarver has more than 10 years in the Ring top 10, Johnson more than 6. His management is terrible.
                    He could fight one of those guys. The problem is, Johnson has to fight Mack in an eliminator first, and Tarver is too busy calling out guys like James Toney and yeah, Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                      He could fight one of those guys. The problem is, Johnson has to fight Mack in an eliminator first, and Tarver is too busy calling out guys like James Toney and yeah, Bernard Hopkins.
                      That's Cloud's problem, either he ain't trying to stay active or his management is terrible.

Cloud should have taken on Johnson without an eliminator and tried to beat him worse than Dawson. That fight could have been to able get a date on Showtime in Florida.

If Mack wins that fight, that fight might not even get bought by Showtime (not chance for HBO), even though it'd be a good one.

Cloud is very good, but he needs to show it more often against good opposition.

Comment

Working...
                      X