No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cloud: "Chad Dawson Can't Run For 12 With Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    Wait, so what you're saying that Johnson was a Middleweight? Because Marquez is a lightweight and the only reason Khan would get **** is because he's fighting someone who isn't at their best weight.
    One other thing. The difference between Lightweight and Jnr Welter is the same as the difference between Super Middleweight and Light Heavy, so your bringing up Middleweight is a complete red herring. And Dawson did call out Froch quite recently. And Froch isn't rated anywhere near as highly P4P as Marquez is, Marquez is rated light years higher; and Froch is much less of a threat at Light Heavyweight than Cloud.

Marquez, who is the undisputed Lightweight champion, moving up only 5lb to fight Khan would be a huge risk fight for Khan - especially given that Khan himself was a Lightweight very recently; so the reason you give for the criticism is silly. The only valid reason for criticising Khan if he gives up his belt to fight Marquez is that Maidana is a very big puncher, and if Khan gives up his belt so as not to have to fight him, that will look like a blatant duck, given that he could fight Maidana followed by Marquez if he wanted to. And refusing to allow HBO to even have Cloud on Dawson's next undercard looks every bit as much like a blatant duck.
    Last edited by Dave Rado; 12-15-2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post

exactly....wtf is wrong w/ ppl? he should want to fight cloud instead of hopkins????

cloud WASN'T impressive against woods.....woods was waaaaayyy past it, and not only COULDN'T cloud finish him, he basically was able to hit cloud at will....if woods had more power, cloud would've been in trouble.

chad dawson hits harder and moves better than clinton woods, so he beats the **** outta cloud. i'm certain.
      Good post. Tarver beat Woods much more impressively than Cloud.

It mystifies me the guy gets so much love, and he's beat 2 guys in over 2 years and a fighter who was half shot was hitting him when he wanted.

He doesn't fight enough and he regressed since the JC Gonzales fight.

He seems like a good guy though, but man I don't get the love for him at all at this point.

Comment

Cloud is cool and he comes to entertain the fans by beating some ass. Chadrunner Duckson should a thing or two about how to entertain the people that make him what he is. I mean, who gets booed in their own backyard during and after a fight? A BORING fighter like Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Marvelous View Post
          Cloud is cool and he comes to entertain the fans by beating some ass. Chadrunner Duckson should a thing or two about how to entertain the people that make him what he is. I mean, who gets booed in their own backyard during and after a fight? A BORING fighter like Dawson.

Cloud tries hard sure. I just don't think he's that good and I was ringside for the JC Gonzales fight where he performed really well.

I was disappointed in him when he fought Woods to be honest.

It seemed like his inactivity had him taking a step back.

Dude should fight more.

Comment

wtf is that???

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
              Cloud?

wtf is that...

Comment

If Dawson should take the fight at any time it should be now for him while Cloud is still a bit raw. For Dawson he wants to eliminate his competitors and with Cloud he should do it while he can before Cloud gets more seasoned......that said Cloud will always have a punchers chance as long as the fight is in progress.

Comment

Dawson has no choice but to except this fight, there is no other option for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti~Jalandoni View Post
                    wtf is that...
                    don't try to act like you never played video games before. Almost everyone has played Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      You mean Danny Green?

so what you're saying that even though BHOP was robbed of being considered the best LHW in the world when he lost to Calzaghe (YOUR words), Cloud, who is ranked 6th would be a harder fight?

do you guys READ what you type? And you were saying another thread that Dawson was avoiding Pascal and Diaconu. So which is it?

Look, just come out and say that we should not expect an objective post from you when discussing Dawson.
                      you twisting things up 25.....Chad is the BEST LHW and those dudes who are campaigning in the division like Pascal, and Cloud needs to be seen by Chad.....B.Hop is at the END of his career......what does Chad prove there with B.Hop......for the sake of argument, Chad wins a UD......what will people say?!?......B.Hop was too old!!.....thats what!!......Chad needs to fight these young hungry lions instead of 40 yr olds that are past their prime!!......as far as your sarcastic Danny Green response.....AFTER a UNDEFEATED prime Jermaine Taylor TWICE.........a dude who had at that time had beaten EVERY man he ever face and the UNDISPUTED linear LHW champ in Antonio Tarver.........a former UNDISPUTED linear champ who hadn't loss in like 9 yrs in Winky Wright.......a UNDEFEATED UNDISPUTED linear champion, #2 ranked p4p fighter in Joe Calzaghe, and a young UNDEFEATED linear champion in Kelly Pavlik.......B.Hop has EARNED the right to fight a Ornelas and a Danny Green at this stage of his career.......come on man......YOU be objective when discussing B.Hop!!

Comment

Working...
                      X