Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Tank" vs LWs from other eras

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Tank" vs LWs from other eras

    There is no denying Tank is one of the top lightweights of the world right now.

    How would he have faired against Lightweights from other eras.

    Manny Pacquiao at 135lbs
    JMM at 135 lbs
    Jose Luis Castillo at 135lbs
    Diego Corrales at 135lbs

    I genuinely think he loses to all four, but what do you guys think?
    shwaap shwaap real raw real raw like this.

  • #2
    He loses to them all. Look what Martin did to his face. Imagine if that's a prime Pac or JMM. Regardless, he'd never fight them either, same way he's not fighting the best at 135 now.
    Last edited by GhostofDempsey; 06-17-2024, 10:02 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LilGizmo View Post
      There is no denying Tank is one of the top lightweights of the world right now.

      How would he have faired against Lightweights from other eras.

      Manny Pacquiao at 135lbs
      JMM at 135 lbs
      Jose Luis Castillo at 135lbs
      Diego Corrales at 135lbs

      I genuinely think he loses to all four, but what do you guys think?
      Your kidding? He avoided all the LW’s OF HIS ERA. Now you want to compare his lame a-ss to others? He would avoided them too. Thats my answer.
      shwaap shwaap LilGizmo LilGizmo like this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        He loses to them all. Look what Martin did to his face. Imagine if that's a prime Pac or JMM. Regardless, he'd never fight them either, same way he's not fighting the best at 135 now.
        Manny definitely stops him, I truly don't see Tank surviving 12 rds with Manny.

        At 135, I say Marquez outboxes him, don't think he stops Tank, but I see Marquez outboxing Tank.
        shwaap shwaap likes this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

          Your kidding? He avoided all the LW’s OF HIS ERA. Now you want to compare his lame a-ss to others? He would avoided them too. Thats my answer.
          Avoided the real threats and now that they moved up, he's one of the top dogs .

          I think Tank beats Shakur and Devin, they wont be able to keep him off of them. Teo and Ryan rematch would be interesting, but I think he still stops Ryan.

          Comment


          • #6
            Manny would likely blitz him.

            I think he knocks Marquez out tbh. Marquez always used to get clipped in fights. I think that’s a difficult style matchup for JMM.

            Corrales was a big lightweight, could Tank handle that sort of size? I’m 50/50 on that one.

            I’d pick Tank to beat Castillo.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think he loses to JMM.

              I think he KO’s Manny and Corrales.

              Castillo- not sure.

              Comment


              • #8
                Jury is still out on all those guys until he starts beating guys on his level.

                Comment


                • #9
                  He won't even fight the best lightweights of his own era, it's useless trying to compare him to the all timers.
                  charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    deja vu...this is a carbon copy of the wilder threads from a couple years ago. wilder ko's joe louis, ali, etc...oh wait he was just fighting soft opposition and getting ko's. how is this any different?
                    DAVID READ DAVID READ likes this.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP