Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Jr Set To Return At 154lbs Against Sebastian Fundora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post

Money! Of course Spence gets the fight over Bohachuk.

https://www.boxingscene.com/commissi...tember--182585

Fundora being sidelined was no secret. He's actually returning a little later than expected.
    Yes, but the point is that Fundora knew he was supposed to fight Crawford next, then waited until Crawford picked up a fight to take this next fight.

He dropped a belt to avoid a potential future Crawford fight. That's what happened. Just like Daniel Geale dropped a belt to avoid Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Yes, but the point is that Fundora knew he was supposed to fight Crawford next, then waited until Crawford picked up a fight to take this next fight.

He dropped a belt to avoid a potential future Crawford fight. That's what happened. Just like Daniel Geale dropped a belt to avoid Golovkin.
      So then what's the problem? Seems like a win-win for everyone except Bohachuk.

If Bud and Fundora keep winning, they'll meet down the line.

This is about money and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post

So then what's the problem? Seems like a win-win for everyone except Bohachuk.

If Bud and Fundora keep winning, they'll meet down the line.

This is about money and nothing more.
        We should be seeing it next, instead we're seeing two worse fights (Crawford v Madrimov and Fundora v Spence). Fundora doesn't want the smoke and is hoping Madrimov, Tszyu (will be WBA interim and therefore Crawford's mandatory if he beats Ortiz), or Charlo (has the right to challenge for the WBA title if he can make 154 again) can beat Crawford so he doesn't have to take the challenge himself.

Comment

Doesn't matter if it's Spence or Crawford. They both will wash Fundora..I see some people not putting enough respect on Errol's name because Crawford smoked him, but Fundora isn't Crawford...

Comment

'Tszyu got screwed in that fight--should have been stopped. Now Tim will face a true puncher in Ortiz so it's more dangerous.'

Don't agree. He will fight a guy who has moved straight up from 135 & a life-threatening illness. I don't like this. I think Vergil's people have grown tired & are just throwing him to a wolf like a tasty snack.

Who would you rather see Fundora against? Errol or Borhachuk? I have little difficulty in saying Errol.

Comment

I really doubt Spence could win this, even more so now with his power will less matter in higher weight class. Need to be more defensive and adapt his style. Can he do it? Time will tell

Comment

Have all the PBC events on Prime been PPV so far? If so, how is this any different from what they were doing with Showtime towards the end?

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
                  Y’all crazy as hell, Spence lost to a better more skillful boxer not a puncher who doesn’t move, this will be “Man Down” once again he an Crawford will have a belt and Crawford looking for big payday’s before he calls it a day! Crawford was hoping for the mega payday with Canela but he had flashbacks of Floyd and used an excuse of not getting credit for beating a much smaller man.
                  None of us know what Spence has left. For the people with objective eyes, there were cracks showing in the Danny Garcia fight and the Crawford fight was career altering. Add to that all of the self inflicted damage from years of drinking and blowing up in weight in between fights in addition to the crashes and eye surgeries, I wouldn't get my hopes up as a Spence fan.

Now, if it is able to have some sort of resurgence at the new weight and can make it inside fight where he's really damn good, he may have a chance. However, he doesn't even have a trainer at this point. Way too many questions surrounding him.
                  PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Ortiz jr. should fight Spence. The winner gets bigger fight at 154.

Ortiz hasn't done anything to deserve Tszyu fight and Spence doesn't deserve a world title shot.
                    Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 05-26-2024, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Good move, and respectable challenge for his first fight at 154 pounds.

Many years ago, when Spence Junior suffered from his accident 'And the proceeded to fight Danny Garcia in his return fight. I have always regarded 'That performance and win as one of is best in his career'.

Nobody would of criticised Spence Junior at the time, if he would of vacated his World titles and just aimed to build back into his career gradually 'Instead Errol Spence Junior jumped back into the game at World level, against a proven World level fighter in Danny Garcia'.

Fighting Sebastian Fundora is a similar move once again, and for me? This shows the kind of fighter Errol Spence Junior is 'In terms of his competitive attitude'.

There are similarities between Carl Froch and Errol Spence Junior 'The way they are very consistent at fighting Elite to World level fighters consecutively throughout their careers'.

Note: It will be interesting to see the difference in Spence Junior's conditioning and performance at 154 pounds 'Being honest? Nobody really knows how he will perform for sure, but at least if he is able to beat Sebastian Fundora then he has a real solid reference point' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-26-2024, 08:07 AM.
                      PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X