Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Devin Haney weight cheating?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udsL2RHiVgI
    smith3536 smith3536 likes this.

The size difference in the Prograis/Haney fight was apparent. Regis fans or anti-Haneys banked on so-called Regis' "power" to beat Haney, but this time his opponent was bigger. He was being punched like rag-doll in that fight.

Now, people have different body types. Some rehydrates quickly, but some don't like Regis. I'd predict he will stay at 140 for the rest of his career because he's got a small body frame like many people do, unless the normal process of aging takes over. Like one of my uncles, for example, who wanted so much to gain weight and build muscles. But no matter how much food he takes the needed bulk wasn't being achieved. He looked like a frog, instead.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
      The size difference in the Prograis/Haney fight was apparent. Regis fans or anti-Haneys banked on so-called Regis' "power" to beat Haney, but this time his opponent was bigger. He was being punched like rag-doll in that fight.

Now, people have different body types. Some rehydrates quickly, but some don't like Regis. I'd predict he will stay at 140 for the rest of his career because he's got a small body frame like many people do, unless the normal process of aging takes over. Like one of my uncles, for example, who wanted so much to gain weight and build muscles. But no matter how much food he takes the needed bulk wasn't being achieved. He looked like a frog, instead.
      lol, wtf.

Comment

Haney has been a weight bully his whole career, regularly 20+ pounds more than his opponents his whole career until Garcia, who he still likely outweighed on the night. Should be pretty obvious, really.
        MulaKO MulaKO billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post

You made me look up 'power lifting frog' and I'm glad I did.

il_1080xN.3719653394_essz.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            lol, wtf.
            Yeah, I added that second paragraph as a counter to "why didn't his opponents do the same, what kept them from rehydrating to high levels like he does?"

Comment

Weight bully is a term people use who either dont know what their talking about or are too lazy to TAKE ADVANTAGE of or are TOO OLD to do anymore.
              ALL boxers SHOULD try to come in as light as they can. Why? Cause EVERYONE is doing it.
              Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 05-22-2024, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                Haney has been a weight bully his whole career, regularly 20+ pounds more than his opponents his whole career until Garcia, who he still likely outweighed on the night. Should be pretty obvious, really.
                Its all within the rules, they can all do it if they want to, some will succeed some won't as not all bodies operate the same as far as fluid holding/releasing goes and then there is different methods within the rules to influence that such as salt loading etc. getting the weight right is a big part of the training and nutrition of camp.

I don't see it any different than a guy with long reach, a guy that is super tall, a guy that is stocky and punches like a mule etc etc, they are all within their weight class set out by the rules so its all fair game, any attribute outside of middle can be an advantage or a disadvantage if they make weight within the rules and can be bigger on the night they did a very professional job, weight classes have a scale making physical variance between fighters, whatever the variance between him and his opponent doesn't matter if it is inside the rules its a go.

Why don't we start calling guys. long arm bullies, big punch bullys, how about high altitude trained bullies, weight bully in boxing is a fans backhander for being disciplined and highly professional, always comes across to me as a losers excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Its all within the rules, they can all do it if they want to, some will succeed some won't as not all bodies operate the same as far as fluid holding/releasing goes and then there is different methods within the rules to influence that such as salt loading etc. getting the weight right is a big part of the training and nutrition of camp.

I don't see it any different than a guy with long reach, a guy that is super tall, a guy that is stocky and punches like a mule etc etc, they are all within their weight class set out by the rules so its all fair game, any attribute outside of middle can be an advantage or a disadvantage if they make weight within the rules and can be bigger on the night they did a very professional job, weight classes have a scale making physical variance between fighters, whatever the variance between him and his opponent doesn't matter if it is inside the rules its a go.

Why don't we start calling guys. long arm bullies, big punch bullys, how about high altitude trained bullies, weight bully in boxing is a fans backhander for being disciplined and highly professional, always comes across to me as a losers excuse.
                  Except this is coming up because Devin broke the California Commission rules.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Except this is coming up because Devin broke the California Commission rules.
                    Ah ok I shoulda watched the clip first slaps myself in the back of the head, onus is on the commission now if they have a rule they got to have a penalty for breaking it.

Comment

Working...
                    X