Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sherif Lawal Passes Away After Losing His Professional Debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sherif Lawal Passes Away After Losing His Professional Debut

Middleweight Sherif Lawal, who trained out of St Pancras BC, lost his life following his debut at Harrow Leisure Centre last night (May 12). In the opening bout of a four-fight card promoted by Costakis Evangelou, 29-year-old Lawal took on Malam Varela in a bout scheduled for six rounds. In the fourth round, a right hand from Varela landed on the temple of Lawal, who then dropped to the canvas. Referee Lee Every began his count but recognized that Lawal was in distress and immediately halted the bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rest in peace son

Another reminder this sport isn't a joking matter
    ​​​​

Comment

Rest in Peace. Pray for the family.

Comment

Just awful. Hate this about the sport of boxing. RIP and condolences throughout
        thack thack pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

Jfc.

RIP to this cat & condolences to his family & loved ones.

Wtf is going on? This is like the 3rd ring death in like 2ish mos. I feel like ring deaths have been fewer & further between in recent yrs. I hope this isn't an emerging trend.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Very sad. RIP.

Comment

it is the nature of the sport, it is sometimes uncontrolable and will never cease to happen inside a boxing ring. RIP dont fit the bill in response to what happens in a fighters life. Hope boxing looks for a better way to see how it boxing itsefl may do more to not allow this to happen as often as it does.

Comment

Terrible. Anything can happen in the ring, but I have real doubts that his "medicals were all in order." A professional fighter should not have a heart attack in the ring after three rounds.
                  dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Jfc.

RIP to this cat & condolences to his family & loved ones.

Wtf is going on? This is like the 3rd ring death in like 2ish mos. I feel like ring deaths have been fewer & further between in recent yrs. I hope this isn't an emerging trend.

Honestly, there are probably more we don't read or hear about. There is no real tread to it. It's just the fighters themselves. I posted an overly lengthy post on someone else's threads in to what I find contributes to why some fighters can take a punch while others cannot. Granted it was all theorized with no research done, lol. That said, you have to ask yourself how come some fighters can take brutal punches their entire career and live to see their end of days, while others barely get out of their first 10 fights without some traumatic injury.

Comment

Working...
                    X