Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sherif Lawal Passes Away After Losing His Professional Debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devastating. Even more so because it happened in his debut. Condolences to the family and friends

Comment

WOW! RIP to this young man.

Comment

Always extremely sorry when a fighter goes away like that.

Comment

Absolutely terrible. RIP

Comment

RIP very sad to her this news, condolences to his family and friends .

Comment

Dammit. RIP

Comment

Incredibly sad. Thoughts and prayers to Sherif and his loved ones. It's a violent and unforgiving sport: A stark reminder to those who are quick to question a fighter's resolve or fortitude in the ring.
                pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

RIP brother

Comment

Poor guy , this is the side of boxing that is always in the back of everyones mind. It's one reason why I get so bothered by supposed fans who call fighters bums. Bums don't risk their lives out of a spirit of competition.
                    My condolences to Mr. Lawals family and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

Honestly, there are probably more we don't read or hear about. There is no real tread to it. It's just the fighters themselves. I posted an overly lengthy post on someone else's threads in to what I find contributes to why some fighters can take a punch while others cannot. Granted it was all theorized with no research done, lol. That said, you have to ask yourself how come some fighters can take brutal punches their entire career and live to see their end of days, while others barely get out of their first 10 fights without some traumatic injury.
                      I think that luck has a great deal to do with it. Sometimes everything that can go wrong just does and sometimes it's the opposite. We try to make sense of it , to find some order , or reason to it but life is just a series of random events. That's a hard thing for many to accept , our minds are wired to look for reasons and order.

Comment

Working...
                      X