Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Gervonta Davis fans feel about him avoiding prime Loma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Bob has Loma avoiding Shakur now. Bob got Loma the emeritus ranking to delay the Haney fight. Bob didn’t have Loma Walters @ 126 when they were the 2 best FW’s in the world. Kept Walters on the shelf for a year, moved Loma up to 130, gave him fights there then made the Walters fight.

Yet everyone is talking about Tank not fighting him.

Looks like Tank is being moved to his benefit same way Loma was.

He definitely could’ve fought Loma since he is the money man in the division.

If I was Tank, I’d tell Bob make Shakur v Loma first and then I will fight the winner.
    Top prospect green fighters that have not reached their peak are moved carefully all of the time. And the haters are outraged when they don't face a seasoned guy who can beat them, ala Tank vs Loma. Then you have seasoned vets who avoid younger standouts too, ala Canelo vs Benny. But his nut huggers defend him tooth and nail. Everyone does what's in their best interest.

Comment

Tank didn't fight any of the top guys at 135, it's not just a Loma thing. This is the fight I want to see though, 2 of the most exciting small fighters in boxing.

Shakur, not so much. Add to that Loma would need to beat Shakur half to death to get the decision. Loma / Haney 2.0
      Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev-
        Very sad. 7 years ago would’ve been too early imo, and that’s what I was saying back then. And I still feel that way. But Tank vs Loma should’ve already happened by now.

If it happens this year, i’d say better late than never. If it happens next year, i’d say way too late.
        Why do you hide behind a black or white mentality? 7 years ago was too early, I agree, but what about 3 years ago? 2 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang

yeah... but had he taken the fight against loma, 7 years ago, and beat him then he wouldnt be in that position... he's there now because, he finally feels brave so now he's calling mofos out.
          Why didn’t Loma make the fight then? He had TR and ESPN backing him so what’s his excuse?

Comment

tanks still got his 0, he wants to emulate floyd & he cant do that if he doesnt have his 0

0 > loma

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

damn, that literally creates a vision of bob playing chess and little loma as a pawn just being moved from place to place
              If I blame the fighter, that will just have his fans blame Bob so I just cut out the middle man.
              Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

WTF you talking about “conditions”?? And I don’t consider Garcia “above average”. Real fighters will kill him. He looked like he wanted to quit against pillow hands Haney.
                He ALWAYS seems to have conditions. Haney beat Loma. Tank almost 30 and his best win is weight drained Garcia. Dude fighting some Bum again. Got a gift against Pitbull.

Comment

im probably tanks biggest fan and im glad he ducked him. id rather have tank win against bums then have a loss

Comment

It could have not happened when he was still with Floyd Mayweather.
                    Tank could have tried to make it happen as soon as he became a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post

Now yes. In 2018 he woulda had Tank baffled with his ring iq and movement. Woulda looked the same as Floyd vs Canelo
                      A fighter still at the peak of his powers vs a young contender still in development.

Sometimes the Veteran wins, and sometimes the young lion.

Comment

Working...
                      X