Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Fury fight Usyk off the back foot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Fury fight Usyk off the back foot?

What do you think guys? I think he should fight Usyk backwards, fight tall, fight rangy, feints, jab, jab, jab.. take advantage of the clinches when it comes and then put his weight all over usyk. Limit Usyk’s workrate and opportunities as much as possible. Make it boring. Wash rinse and repeat until he feels Usyk is wearing out a bit, then he can up his aggressive game. In this mode he’ll be difficult to reach given his height and reach advantage. But the cons of this strategy is if Usyk is really way faster than Fury is.

Usyk is just too sharp, quick and has plenty of angles to be pinned down. You’d eat combinations if you charge him. Your head is gonna be constantly snapped in the inside.

Or he can go directly to Kronk Style?

This is exactly what I expect him to do he is going to use that reach advantage, keep him on the outside and when he comes in clinch use his size and make Usyk have to reset

Usyk doesn't have the gas tank like Fury either it's going to be an ugly fight and one people will complain about when Fury stinks the place out but wins

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
      Usyk doesn't have the gas tank like Fury
      Really?

He goes at an extreme pace for 12 rounds. I think he'll happily up the pace v Fury and fully expect to outlast him.

Fury's advantage is his dimensions. Weight and length. I don't see any other advantage he has. Size is a big advantage though.

I think Usyk should be favourite unless Fury can somehow get hold of him early and rough him up. Grab him, maul him, hit any part of his body that's available. Basically be a bigger, better version of Chisora.

If Fury tries to box him he'll regret it. And he wouldn't be the first to try and fail.
      Last edited by Toffee; 05-09-2024, 09:22 PM.

Comment

In patches yes.

The way to fight Usyk is to change your approach multiple times during the fight.

Usyk likes to "download data" because he's an Eastern European robot, a very good one yes but these guys are obsessed with technical skills and pre programmed routines that they practice over and over again. Usyk does the same **** every time, people get technique confused with skill, Usyk isn't a Floyd Mayweather in there or a Roy Jones, he's nowhere near that creative.

You beat them by keep changing the pace and distance of the fight, once he's almost "downloaded the data" you cut off the connection and come out and start the round with totally different tactics.

Fury can't rely on one approach to win him the fight, that's what Usyk thrives on is opponents being predictable.

He needs to start fast, get Usyk chasing the fight and then once ahead of him, keep changing it up every time Usyk starts to gain ground. If Fury can get 3 or 4 rounds up going into like the 10th round then all he needs to do is maul and nullify the last couple of rounds.

​​​​
        They used to call this ring generalship, Fury might be the only fighter Usyk has ever fought who has ring generalship tbh.
        Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 05-09-2024, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I think Fury is going to suprise everyone and outbox him.

Comment

Usyk will have to come to Fury if he wants to take the home the W, or else Fury can just out jab him, so he'll have to pay a price for every meter that he advances. That is the correct strategy for Fury. If Fury tries to go after Usyk and rough him up then he is going to eat some left hands. Fury has got the keys in this fight.

Comment

He should go backwards vs the MW

Comment

If he walks forward, he will be countered with ease. Fury can't throw a right hand without his body squaring up. His technique with his right hand is awful.

His jab however, is masterful. Powerful, long, rangy.

Conventionally, a lead straight right is needed to beat a southpaw, but Furys jab is long enough to stay out of reach. And his straight right is wild.

We saw him defensive against Dillian Whyte, but we know Usyk brings a different energy. Intriguing to see what Tyson brings.
                I imagine from sparring he has realised how easy it is for a southpaw to counter him when he squares up on the right hand. He's a smart boxer.

But will Usyks energy be enough to drag Tyson into a firefight? In that case, I fancy the southpaw counter puncher.
                dibzvincent143 dibzvincent143 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
                  If he walks forward, he will be countered with ease. Fury can't throw a right hand without his body squaring up. His technique with his right hand is awful.

His jab however, is masterful. Powerful, long, rangy.

Conventionally, a lead straight right is needed to beat a southpaw, but Furys jab is long enough to stay out of reach. And his straight right is wild.

We saw him defensive against Dillian Whyte, but we know Usyk brings a different energy. Intriguing to see what Tyson brings.
                  I imagine from sparring he has realised how easy it is for a southpaw to counter him when he squares up on the right hand. He's a smart boxer.

But will Usyks energy be enough to drag Tyson into a firefight? In that case, I fancy the southpaw counter puncher.
                  Fury needs to avoid the mid range, he can use his feet to do this because he's got such long legs he should be able to cross the gap quite quickly.

If Fury gets his front foot past Usyk's, guards and takes a step forward what is Usyk going to do about it? Force him off with a single? No way in hell.

At close range Usyk has always been pretty poor ever since a 147lb Shawn Porter with weights in his boots lit him up in the amateurs all the way to being pretty helpless vs old man Chisora up close.

It all hinges on the footwork, if Fury can't move his feet fast enough and ends up in no man's land that's when Usyk will get off.

It's why I'm leaning towards fury because I think he's got more routes to victory where Usyk only has one.

I'll know inside probably 2 rounds though, because if Fury is stuck in the mud it's Usyk all day baby

Time will tell.
                  Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 05-10-2024, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

Fury needs to avoid the mid range, he can use his feet to do this because he's got such long legs he should be able to cross the gap quite quickly.

If Fury gets his front foot past Usyk's, guards and takes a step forward what is Usyk going to do about it? Force him off with a single? No way in hell.

At close range Usyk has always been pretty poor ever since a 147lb Shawn Porter with weights in his boots lit him up in the amateurs all the way to being pretty helpless vs old man Chisora up close.

It all hinges on the footwork, if Fury can't move his feet fast enough and ends up in no man's land that's when Usyk will get off.

It's why I'm leaning towards fury because I think he's got more routes to victory where Usyk only has one.

I'll know inside probably 2 rounds though, because if Fury is stuck in the mud it's Usyk all day baby

Time will tell.
                    Fury doesn't have the speed on the inside. He may be able to lean on Usyk and tire him out, but his skill and speed there is not good enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X