No announcement yet.

Pathetic if Fury doesn't beat Usyk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Usyk is an ATG cruiserweight and has had 3 very good wins at HW since moving up. He has never been dropped by a legitimate punch.

Fury, on the other hand, has been dropped 7 times, once by a novice having his first ever fight and 6 times by opponents no bigger and certainly no better than Usyk.

This is a 50/50 fight. Personally I'm picking Usyk to win on points.
    I don't know what to say. The divison is so uneven that you didn't know what you don't know,

There's literally two or three guys that can fight. The rest are cans

Comment

Usyk is an ATG cruiserweight and has had 3 very good wins at HW since moving up. He has never been dropped by a legitimate punch.

Fury, on the other hand, has been dropped 7 times, once by a novice having his first ever fight and 6 times by opponents no bigger and certainly no better than Usyk.

You say all that in the first two paragraphs then say it's a 50/50

Context is king isn't it, Fury is an up and down fighter, I think that's the only reason it's 50/50.if the best possible fury turns up then it's not 50/50.

I expect the best possible fury probably will show up, he's overdue.

Comment

I don' t know man.

If you had asked me 5 years ago, I would have predicted Fury to win with one arm behind back.

But..Usyk is Atg cruiserweight with 2 wins over Joshua.

And Fury beat only 3 legit guys in the last 8 years.

I was a huge Fury fan..but he dissapointed me by picking easy fights. When he fought Chisora the third time.. I had enough.

I think Usyk wins. Fury is not serious about sport.
        Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 05-09-2024, 08:05 AM.
        MoonCheese Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

I don't believe that Fury is now what he was when he fought Wilder the second time. And I don't think he was ever as great in his comeback as has been claimed.

It still shocks me that he might get in the ring with Usyk.

Ngannou hit Fury with practically every left hand he threw. I think Usyk is going to move, he's going to setup shots and he's going to pepper him with the left hand while moving in, out, and round and round.

I give Fury a chance of just being too big and strong in the early rounds but if Usyk can get past the midway point I think he humiliates Fury.

But you never quite know with two undefeated fighters. Both have always found answers. They can't both do it this time.

Comment

I favor Fury on this matchup for the reasons you mentioned, but only because of Usyk's age at this point.

A younger Usyk could have negated everything you mentioned with his movement as he has done to previously bigger fighters with bigger punches. Though Usyk's age is going to finally show up here and when he slows down even the slightest, Fury will take over. Fury's biggest asset is being a big man that can move very well for his size and use his size very well. He's going to bring it all for Usyk and unless Usyk can maintain movement for all 12 rds, he's going to get picked apart big the bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by automaton89 View Post

Has Fury ever gotten tired to the point that it diminished his performance? He has fat instead of muscles for a reason. Foreman did the same thing
              Literally his last fight against Francis, when Francis wouldn't let him clinch and lean.

Furys elite stamina is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

You say all that in the first two paragraphs then say it's a 50/50

Context is king isn't it, Fury is an up and down fighter, I think that's the only reason it's 50/50.if the best possible fury turns up then it's not 50/50.

I expect the best possible fury probably will show up, he's overdue.
                Is he overdue? Or is he 35 with a long history of boozing, eating, drugging up and fking around outside of the ring?

Comment

Usyk got dropped by a stiff
                  A stiff? Seriously?

Comment

I don't know what to say. The divison is so uneven that you didn't know what you don't know,

There's literally two or three guys that can fight. The rest are cans
                    Whatever you think of the rest of the division, Usyk and Fury can both fight. Anybody who can't see that for himself DKSAB.
                    MoonCheese Marchegiano ralex ralex like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

If it was Fury from 2020 then I'd favour him heavily. He has clearly improved drastically since the Cunningham fight.

Interestingly in the Cunningham fight Fury had a substitute Corner as his uncle had been denied entry into the states, so he basically has the B Team.

His ego got the better of him and he employed a foolish strategy early which allowed Cunningham to get off all his strengths.

What was impressive was Fury realize this and adapted his strategy on the fly and deployed a totally different game plan. Once he did the fight became a mismatch.

Note this: Cunningham ONLY had success until Fury switched on and changed tactics.

This is something which sets fury apart from the likes of an Anthony Joshua, if plan A isn't working for AJ then he loses.

If Plan A isn't working for Fury he will come up with in the ring and try plan B and C

My concerns for Fury are always physical.

I said when he came back and fought Wilder that I do not think Fury has more than about 4 or 5 fights on him before his abuse of his body will catch up to him. Fury will not be physically fit into his late 30s.

Big question, does he have it left in him. If he does and he can perform ferociously for 12 rounds then he will demolish Usyk, I'm talking about he will beat him up in the ring and the fight will end with usyk collapsed on the canvas.

Usyk will not be able to cope with a 270lb man who can cut off the ring as fast as Usyk can run, he will drain rapidly if he has no space to get off any of his fancy tricks, and isn't allowed to dictate the pace.

If Fury's body has gone and he only has a handful of good rounds in him then Usyk probably wins.

​​​
                      ​​​​​​
                      Very good post. I agree.

Postscript: I think Fury looked great against long-term contenders Whyte and Chisora, and played with the relatively harmless Ngannou as a father would his nine year old child on the lawn; and made a fortune doing it.

I look for Fury in a stoppage after 8 rounds.
                      One title, one champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X