Comments Thread For: Patient 'Canelo' Alvarez Resisted Stopping Jaime Munguia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An evening of "no surprises here".

Comment

Quite peeved because I put money on Canelo winning in rounds 9-11, which I think he could easily have done if he wanted to. I thought his altercation with ODLH would make him spiteful but he wasn't. That was classic example of Canelo channelling his true mentor, FMJ, just cruise & do enough to win & not get hurt.

Comment

This was more of a close fight. He proved once again that he has zero defence against jabs, he takes most of them with his face. He also proved that no matter how he wins, the judges will give him a solid win (or a close defeat when his *ss is actually torn as it happened against Bivol).

Comment

The first 5 rounds were good and then it was all Canelo cruise control after he hit Jamie with that liver shot. Then the fight was boring.

Seriously, enough with the mismatches. When is Cinnabunn going to fight somebody good? Is this dude ever going to fight Benavidez?

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post

Canelo has been fighting this way for awhile. Can't blame him. Win the fight without getting hit much. As far as Boots? Are you really comparing Mungia to him. Undefeated records are overrated. Ennis is a mega talent. Mungia is not. This was actually a cherry pick. Mungia's only chance was a lucky haymaker. Too slow and little defense is a bad recipe against Canelo.
            Actually, to be fair, NEITHER has really fought anyone that’s a real threat. Like most ALL young boxers who are being protected
            Claude Palle Claude Palle likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Lmao, you're not supposed to actually say that part out loud. He absolutely could have stopped him. Even in the 12th, he landed a ****er and then backed up.

Munguia never had a chance, his defense blows and he got lucky to get past Derev.
              Saul gets to pick and choose and never loose well almost never loose once he takes on a challenge then it is dif.............

Comment

Canelo carried him because he's Mexican. They say otherwise but many don't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx banger View Post
                  Don’t you dare give us bumlanga next

Dont you dare
                  berlanga has earned the fight and he's undefeated. we all just want to see canelo win and cheer him on. i don't know about you guys, but i don't follow boxing to see the best fight the best or competitive match-ups. i follow boxing to see my fighter win. canelo has earned the right to win decisions even if he didn't win the fight....he fought ricky hatton's brother

Comment

Berlanga is a joke. He's not even the best fighter from Brooklyn right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

Canelo hasn't been as active with his jab or to the body as he once was that's probably the reason he isn't getting as many stoppages, he's become overly reliant on power, which isn't great.

Don't know where the comparison to Bivol came from, Bivol wins through a disciplined gameplan, volume, footwork and his power jab.

None of the above things Canelo is really known for except arguably a disciplined gameplan.

He's flatfooted, his volume is on the decline big time and his jab is barely being used anymore...

BJS weak WTF!? he barely stumbled when he got his face broke, now Plant and Kovalev I agree with but BJS not so much...
                      He has never been a volume puncher, neither a one punch ko artist, and flat-footed is his middle name. Great chin and elite match making, he learned the match making from his sworn enemy dlh, look at munguias career.

Comment

Working...
                      X