Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: VADA Is a Force for Good in a Sport With Far Too Few of Them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: VADA Is a Force for Good in a Sport With Far Too Few of Them

It is hard to think of a time in the recent past when a global organization was needed to run boxing more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It does seem kind of strange or ******, if a fighter doped, whilst willingly signed up for Vada testing.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I <3 VADA. Shout out to Dr. Margaret Goodman.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
        It does seem kind of strange or ******, if a fighter doped, whilst willingly signed up for Vada testing.
        Fighters do it all the time (microdosing) thinking they can get away with doping
        mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Garcia now claims he’s being “set up.”
          Of course he does, he's associated himself conspiracy-addled morons.
          mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Clown ass organization and clown ass website/writer

Comment

Why do Ryan Garcia’s fans and sympathizers want to place the blame on VADA and Haney? After all, It was Garcia who pissed out those dirty samples not Devin Haney.

Also, VADA was attempting to cover those positive A samples up by keeping them a secret in order for Ryan to get away with them.

They never had any plans or intentions of disclosing that information until it got leaked to the press. Which is why they sat on them for several days.

Comment

The idea of VADA is prob a good thing, in that it should ensure that clean fighters meet clean fighters, and nobody has a synthetic upperhand.

Except organizations (including governments) are only as good as the people who run them.

So what we get is cover ups and then disparate consequences for failed tests, depending on who you are (your value as a fighter). So in the end that makes it worse than if everybody were just given a green light.

I don't know how it works for ufc (i dont watch it) but i'm guessing glory kickboxing doesn't test at all (if they do, it's a farce). It's easy to see those guys aren't organic.

Comment

TBH I'm not seeing much good coming from VADA. The cheaters face penalties in reverse proportion to how much money they're worth. Even repeat cheats like Jarrell Miller are still back getting opportunities.

VADA feels like "recycling" for the plastic companies. It's a way to pretend that boxing isn't hopelessly corrupt, but likely only prevents a tiny percentage of cheaters. Just virtue signaling. The guys who don't cheat, if there are any, aren't doing it because of VADA. They're doing it because of personal integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post
                    The idea of VADA is prob a good thing, in that it should ensure that clean fighters meet clean fighters, and nobody has a synthetic upperhand.

Except organizations (including governments) are only as good as the people who run them.

So what we get is cover ups and then disparate consequences for failed tests, depending on who you are (your value as a fighter). So in the end that makes it worse than if everybody were just given a green light.

I don't know how it works for ufc (i dont watch it) but i'm guessing glory kickboxing doesn't test at all (if they do, it's a farce). It's easy to see those guys aren't organic.
                    The UFC had a deal with USADA for 10+ years where their fighters are randomly tested 24/7 365. That expired this year and they're now doing the same thing but with DrugFreeSport.

USADA caught a lot of fighters during their time there.

Comment

Working...
                    X