No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs Jamie Munguia - Amazon/DAZN PPV - Fight by Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards as follows: 116-111 X3, UD for Barrios

I'd like to see Barrios fight either Abel Ramos or Roiman Villa next, both competitive fights that should be high action. Put it on same card with Stanionis/Giyasov and have the winners meet.

Maidana can fight Maestre in a loser disappears fight

Comment

• Maidana should just hang'em up, he has no dog in him, go and get fat with his brother lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
        Cards as follows: 116-111 X3, UD for Barrios

I'd like to see Barrios fight either Abel Ramos or Roiman Villa next, both competitive fights that should be high action. Put it on same card with Stanionis/Giyasov and have the winners meet.

Hopefully he just disappears.

Comment

• I thought those cards were VERY generous to Maidana. I thought Barrios won almost every round. Maybe even a shutout.
          crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Ennis/Stanionis and Benn/Barrios on the same card, then match the winners. MR needs to make this a reality. Villa and Ramos should fight each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Marcos was a world-level fighter, while Fabian simply isn't. Fabian did nothing to get this opportunity, and the fact that he's isn't performing well...isn't a surprise.
              The more reason for him to try even harder. It’s why i’m saying that. Fighters that don’t get this opportunity, all of sudden they get it, and do nothing with it.

You’re on the undercard, the co-main event of possibly the biggest PPV fight of the year, and the biggest active PPV seller…and you fight like that.

Marcos Maidana didn’t always looked world class in every fight. He’s had fights like the ones vs Demarcus Corley or Devon Alexander of all people. But more times than not, at the big, big stage, Maidana would show up. Ortiz, Broner, Mayweather, Khan, he showed up in all of those fights.
              kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

• Barrios is the new Sot Karass for PBC. Active enough to win a fight but not super talented and does not have huge power. He will be continually be matched up hard with contenders and ex champ. He is one of those fighters if that if his foe don't come in top shape he can beat them.

Comment

• Main event next

I just hope for a somewhat competitive fight.

Munguia should go for workrate. We know Canelo can't fight 3 minutes a round unless it's at his own pace. Munguia should push the action as often as possible and see what he can do down the stretch if Canelo gets tired.

If Munguia is too passive, he gets picked apart.

Comment

I don't really want to see Maidana again. He didn't even try.

Stanionis, Barrios, Ennis, and maybe time to see how Santillan does at the top level. Or get Jin Sasaki out of Japan.

Comment

• Why are boxing ring announcers always so damn close to each other? Mannix and Mora are like sitting on top of each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X