No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs Jamie Munguia - Amazon/DAZN PPV - Fight by Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevermind...
    crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

• Mexican style American anthem

Comment

• Mungia looks a bit worked up to me but that may just be me.

Comment

• That is certainly a version of the Star Spangled Banner I have not heard before
          crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

• Here we goooooo!

Comment

• That was one of the better renditions of The Star Spangled Banner. Pretty cool violin/ fiddle and musical arrangement.

Comment

• Hope we get a good fight
                Brother Mouzone Brother Mouzone likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                  Nevermind...
                  It's in the US so they have to play the anthem of the host country. Mariachi style was kinda fun though.

Comment

• Place is packed to the roof

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

The more reason for him to try even harder. It’s why i’m saying that. Fighters that don’t get this opportunity, all of sudden they get it, and do nothing with it.

You’re on the undercard, the co-main event of possibly the biggest PPV fight of the year, and the biggest active PPV seller…and you fight like that.

Marcos Maidana didn’t always looked world class in every fight. He’s had fights like the ones vs Demarcus Corley or Devon Alexander of all people. But more times than not, at the big, big stage, Maidana would show up. Ortiz, Broner, Mayweather, Khan, he showed up in all of those fights.
                      When someone has worked hard to get into position for something, they have a greater appreciation of the opportunity and are less likely to waste it. Marcos' ups and downs made him take his opportunities more seriously. Fabian has never fought a world-level opponent until now, and I couldn't tell you what he did to get this opportunity in the first place. He had everything to gain, but the fact that he didn't have to sacrifice anything...sort of explains his performance. He isn't battle-tested at all.
                      -Kev- -Kev- likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X