Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Suffers Torn Meniscus, Postponing Dmitry Bivol Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't trust Beterbiev, he always has this knack of getting injury when fight date is set so it can be changed to his own convenient time. There is something fishy about him.
    Timur78 Timur78 dan_cov dan_cov like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dare7 View Post
      I don't trust Beterbiev, he always has this knack of getting injury when fight date is set so it can be changed to his own convenient time. There is something fishy about him.
      Yep. Dude wants no part of Bivol. he never did. He even left DAZN years ago when Bivol joined.

But he will keep on accusing Bivol of not wanting to fight him, lol.

Even Saudi money won`t make Beterbiev fight his toughest ever opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Yep. Dude wants no part of Bivol. he never did. He even left DAZN years ago when Bivol joined.

But he will keep on accusing Bivol of not wanting to fight him, lol.

Even Saudi money won`t make Beterbiev fight his toughest ever opponent.
        I do not think that he can chat on this level. Money is to big and they can make medical examinations easy to determinante is there real injury.

Comment

Serious question. How many times has Artur gotten injured prior to a fight? I feel like it's an abnormal amount of times.

Comment

Beterbiev talked all that smack accuses bivol of ducking then pulls out weeks before the fight lmao

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

No, they'll likely just shave the meniscus off and he'll be back quickly. Both Karl Anthony-Towns and Joel Embiid in the NBA had the exact same injury this season. Towns came back extremely fast, just 4 weeks after the surgery, while Embiid took 8 weeks. But in general it's a 6-8 week recovery timeline and then they're back to full activity.

It will have negative consequences later in life, but shaving off the torn part is a much faster recovery and most athletes choose that over the full repair. The full repair doesn't always work, but when it does it's a better quality of life in the long term. But the trade off is a much longer recovery time and the chance that it simply doesn't heal and you end up having to shave it anyway.
              Well they are talking about him being out for four months including the surgery, so that means he's not getting back into the gym until about September and then it probably won't be heavy training ...so I don't think this fight happens until early next year any way you look at it. Maybe December at the very soonest.

Comment

Arum is really ******.

He spent years talking about Bivol being boring and not allowing Beterbiev to fight him.

If the fight ever happens, 40 old Beterbiev has like 0 chance to win this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

Benavidez did work Bivol over in sparring, Roy Jones or not.
                  Yes, you told that already, many times. So lets see it is the ring. I give zero credit for sparring wins. Smakici also beat fury in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

You should reevaluate your fanboyism of individual fighters and particularly Benavidez. It's boring apart from anything else. David looks like a decent pressure fighter who will be in some exciting fights. He's not Roy Jones.
                    If you think you need to be roy jones to beat a basic fighter like bivol then lol. you all overrate certain fighters so much its hilarious. I will see you here in a few months when Bivol refuses to fight Benavidez. Bivol is open to the body and is soft he can't take half of what david dishes out in ring. He wont be hitting Bivols arm for 12 rounds like Canela.
                    Last edited by Oracle01; 05-04-2024, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Arthur is too reckless in the gym. Too much deadlifts and squatting related exercises. Just stick to the basics.

Comment

Working...
                      X