No announcement yet.

Floyd best night vs Manny best night who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
    Floyd but Pac has a better chance than he did in their actual fight when he was more past it than Floyd.
    How was Mayweather more past it than Pacquiao in 2015 when Mayweather only fought one more pro boxer after that fight and Pacquiao fought 7 more times beating younger guys like Bradley 2x, Thurman, Vargas, Matthysse and Broner?

Mayweather was clearly more past it and he showed it vs Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
      At both their best I would go Manny Pacquiao to win 60-40. I just think the speed, workrate and accuracy would have been too much even for Floyd’s superb defensive skills. Sad we will never get to see who was truly the better man, by the time they eventually fought both men were past their best and it proved very little historically.
      Pacquiao’s work rate is extremely overrated when it comes to fighting counterpunchers. That supposed high workrate was never there in any of the 4 fights against Marquez. The workrate is there against guys like Brandon Rios, Jeff Horn, and other opponents that don’t offer a great mix of bother lateral movement and great counterpunching.

It’s just not there. Go compare his 5 fights vs JMM and Mayweather to every other fight. His workrate took a big hit in all 5 of those fights. He has serious trouble with counterpunchers with good lateral movement.

Good stuff to cling on the “Pacquiao was past it” bull crap, when he was never great against counterpunchers.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

How was Mayweather more past it than Pacquiao in 2015 when Mayweather only fought one more pro boxer after that fight and Pacquiao fought 7 more times beating younger guys like Bradley 2x, Thurman, Vargas, Matthysse and Broner?

Mayweather was clearly more past it and he showed it vs Maidana.
        Pacquiao had been brutally knocked unconscious by Marquez and had taken a hell of a lot more damage than Floyd over the course of his career.

Additionally Pacquiao fought a style that relied almost purely on physical athleticism which maxed out around the time of the Hatton and Cotto fights and started to decline just after Cotto.

Mayweather fought a style that utilised ring IQ, more subtle movement, more measured pace and thus aged a lot better than Pacquiao and was able to be almost just as effective right until he retired.

Maidana doesn't mean anything because he fights like a drunk bar room brawler and Floyd struggled to get a read on him vs the more straight forward approach of a slowed down Pacquiao.

But you already know all this you aren't silly.

Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 05-04-2024, 03:15 AM.

Comment

The better fighter would win on their respective best nights. Question, which fights do we consider their best night?

Btw, Floyd is the answer and will always be the answer.
          BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Let's look at their worst nights

The infamous PBF vs JLC 1
            Instant rematch, another W

JMM sending Pac to his maker for 5 minutes
            JMM told Pac to go fck himself in the 1st fight.

In no realm of reality does JMM ever beat PBF/May
            The JLC that fought PBF could give Pac problems​

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

Pacquiao had been brutally knocked unconscious by Marquez and had taken a hell of a lot more damage than Floyd over the course of his career.

Additionally Pacquiao fought a style that relied almost purely on physical athleticism which maxed out around the time of the Hatton and Cotto fights and started to decline just after Cotto.

Mayweather fought a style that utilised ring IQ, more subtle movement, more measured pace and thus aged a lot better than Pacquiao and was able to be almost just as effective right until he retired.

Maidana doesn't mean anything because he fights like a drunk bar room brawler and Floyd struggled to get a read on him vs the more straight forward approach of a slowed down Pacquiao.

But you already know all this you aren't silly.

Getting knocked out doesn’t make you old. In that case, since Pacquiao got knocked out unconscious by Torrecampo and Singsurat, then all these decades we’ve all been watching a past prime Manny Pacquiao ladies and gentlemen.

Talk about silly. You haters come up with the silliest excuses possible to protect that loss to Mayweather and keep that hypothetical win alive. Fcking losers.

Comment

I wonder what type of fight it would've been if they fought before their due date. It may have been closer than the anticipated 'Fight of the Century' in 2015.

Manny was hot **** when he was at his peak during 2008-2012. We all know Floyd waited for him to dry out before making the clash happen. It includes Manny getting knocked out by Marquez in their 4th fight too.

I'll lean it towards FMJ winning, he has a way of adapting and adjusting to his opponents style, but I think it may have been closer than the result in 2015.
                Last edited by Quiksilva; 05-04-2024, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
                  I wonder what type of fight it would've been if they fought before their due date. It may have been closer than the anticipated 'Fight of the Century' in 2015.

Manny was hot **** when he was at his peak during 2008-2012. We all know Floyd waited for him to dry out before making the clash happen. It includes Manny getting knocked out by Marquez in their 4th fight too.

I'll lean it towards FMJ winning, he has a way of adapting and adjusting to his opponents style, but I think it may have been closer than the result in 2015.
                  The reason all of us waver because even when they did fight both guys struggled to be them

https://youtu.be/BX6HzHCPNPo?si=vDx0mtjvmp8JEx42

Old Floyd was missing his dog, if it's anybody's opinion I trust I trust his, watching boxing tutorials move and counter by counter, and his interview over anything boxing....Roger analyzed Floyd Manny as a fan and boxing historian and looked at his nephew through history lens..Roger said the injury was the difference, as if he thinks floyd barely won

They needed a rematch right after to quell this question I posted
                  Last edited by sbbigmike; 05-04-2024, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post

The reason all of us waver because even when they did fight both guys struggled to be them

https://youtu.be/BX6HzHCPNPo?si=vDx0mtjvmp8JEx42

Old Floyd was missing his dog, if it's anybody's opinion I trust I trust his, watching boxing tutorials move and counter by counter, and his interview over anything boxing....Roger analyzed Floyd Manny as a fan and boxing historian and looked at his nephew through history lens..Roger said the injury was the difference, as if he thinks floyd barely won

They needed a rematch right after to quell this question I posted
                    Floyd doesn't have issues touching anyone he did vs Manny.. Manny's was much more whimsical with his movements and hands years earlier

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Getting knocked out doesn’t make you old. In that case, since Pacquiao got knocked out unconscious by Torrecampo and Singsurat, then all these decades we’ve all been watching a past prime Manny Pacquiao ladies and gentlemen.

Talk about silly. You haters come up with the silliest excuses possible to protect that loss to Mayweather and keep that hypothetical win alive. Fcking losers.
                      I'm not a Floyd mayweather hater I've given him his props as one of the genuine best of all time before, I also said he'd beat Pacquiao on his best night.

It's your inability to be unbiased which is making you look silly.

Floyd beat a 7/10 version of Pacquiao that's just the truth.

He would have beat a 10/10 version as well, I already said that, but you are so sensitive to any form of criticism you got emotional over nothing lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X