Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney Says Garcia 'Could Have Done Some Real Dangerous Things To Me', No Longer Pursuing Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post

Haney is a two time undisputed champ, dude looked like he was about to die with every solid shot, shyt he never felt or saw, me thinks that has more to do with roids rather than Ryan
    No he isn't. He was only undisputed at 135, won off of Kambosos, who was very lucky to get the belts collected by two better fighters who each had a turn with major injury or illness in the case of Lopez, then got a gift vs Loma, then got a single WBC belt from Prograis who had already lost to the only actual undisputed champ at 140.

Haney has been a weight bully his whole career. Weighed in just 3 pounds south of super middle (nearly 4 divisions up) on fight night for the Prograis fight.

Ryan may be a dirty rotten cheater (I'm going to wait until all the info is out to make up my mind), but there were major technical issues with Haney that led to him getting caught repeatedly by that hook. He drops his right hand when he jabs, for instance. That hasn't been an issue before because he's always had a major reach advantage, but he actually fought someone his size for once and he kept getting caught. He wasn't defensively responsible to avoid the hook when he was throwing. He didn't circle away from it. And he and his dad didn't make any adjustments to address being caught. And it's not like that hook is a secret. It's the only thing Ryan has ever dropped an opponent with, and he drops or stops most opponents with it. Whether or not he's a cheater, they should have had a plan to mitigate the hook, and they didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

It's not illegal or cheating by using IV's to rehydrate. It's just water and electrolytes.
      I think you’ll find rehydration via IV is absolutely against the rules of boxing. Not illegal no. Still cheating according to the rules and anyone doing it knows that. For good reason. Fighters rehydrating 20lbs are putting other fighters who don’t at risk. Go watch Prograis’ comments about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Toney did need PED's to beat Ruiz. It was a close fight. Without the PED's, Toney isn't winning that. It wasn't the first time he'd popped either.
        If you think 8-4/9-3 is a "close fight", boxing might not be for you. Keep trolling tho. Your ramblings are kinda funny. "Without the drugs doctors gave Toney to help heal his injured bicep/tricep tear, he's not beating a mediocre heavyweight like John Ruiz."

Comment

• Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

No he isn't. He was only undisputed at 135, won off of Kambosos, who was very lucky to get the belts collected by two better fighters who each had a turn with major injury or illness in the case of Lopez, then got a gift vs Loma, then got a single WBC belt from Prograis who had already lost to the only actual undisputed champ at 140.

Haney has been a weight bully his whole career. Weighed in just 3 pounds south of super middle (nearly 4 divisions up) on fight night for the Prograis fight.

Ryan may be a dirty rotten cheater (I'm going to wait until all the info is out to make up my mind), but there were major technical issues with Haney that led to him getting caught repeatedly by that hook. He drops his right hand when he jabs, for instance. That hasn't been an issue before because he's always had a major reach advantage, but he actually fought someone his size for once and he kept getting caught. He wasn't defensively responsible to avoid the hook when he was throwing. He didn't circle away from it. And he and his dad didn't make any adjustments to address being caught. And it's not like that hook is a secret. It's the only thing Ryan has ever dropped an opponent with, and he drops or stops most opponents with it. Whether or not he's a cheater, they should have had a plan to mitigate the hook, and they didn't.
          All I know it doesn't help Haney cause walking around close to 200 pounds looking like his dad talking like Ryan cheated

Comment

• Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post

All I know it doesn't help Haney cause walking around close to 200 pounds looking like his dad talking like Ryan cheated
            No disagreement here. He's been a weight bully his entire career. I'm at least gonna wait for the B samples before I pile on. But Ryan talking crazy, drinking what looked like a beer at the weigh in and deliberately missing weight don't help his cause either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

I think you need to read up on the story of Lance Armstrong. Then you tell me if doping doesn't take a C level athlete and allow them to become A level.

The whole point of cheating is to gain the advantage that has them winning instead of facing a defeat. Cheating would be pointless otherwise.
              Lance Armstrong benefited most from EPO, which we don't have in this case. Apples and Oranges. There is also the fact that A LOT of the guys Lance was competing against were also using it, and he still beat them at the time.
              Last edited by chicken-; 05-07-2024, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Devin's right. He could have been seriously hurt in that fight. Had Ryan Garcia popped dirty for doping prior to his weigh in and on the night of fight.

Then the fight would have been called off and I would have agreed to at least a two-year suspension for him. However, that did not happen. He was allowed to enter into that ring with Haney.

While knowing full well and in advance that he was all hopped up on illegal drugs in his system as he proceeded to severely batter him. He put Devin Haney's life in danger.

In addition, with all the people who are saying that Devin won't be the same fighter again. Then I say suspend him indefinitely.

His boxing license should be universally and permanently revoked by all governing bodies; Due to his lack of professionalism and integrity for the sport of boxing.

His actions brought not only shame and disrepute on an already corrupt sport but cast it in a very bad light as well.​​​
                pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

• Weird thing about Ryan seeing him like this versus that carefully managed scrawny 135 lbs kid, who never had an impressive performance a short while ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTfloyd View Post

If you think 8-4/9-3 is a "close fight", boxing might not be for you. Keep trolling tho. Your ramblings are kinda funny. "Without the drugs doctors gave Toney to help heal his injured bicep/tricep tear, he's not beating a mediocre heavyweight like John Ruiz."
                    I'm not trolling. It was a close fight. I had Toney by 2 if i remember correctly. Which rounds did you have for him?

Would this be the Toney who has lost to a journeyman in Dave Tiberi? The same Toney who lost to Sanderline Williams but got a gift draw? The same Toney who lost to a clearly past his best McCallum but got a gift draw again? Maybe when he lost twice to Griffin? Drake Thadzi? Yet Ruiz was supposed to be easy?

Toney lost to a lesser fighter in Sam Peter a year later. Twice.

Yeah, yeah. Of course both his failed tests were innocent and due to a Doctor. Just like all the others who were innocent and got their steroids from a Doctor too. Yet i'm the troll?

You keep up with posts like this, you'll be nothing but funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicken- View Post

Lance Armstrong benefited most from EPO, which we don't have in this case. Apples and Oranges. There is also the fact that A LOT of the guys Lance was competing against were also using it, and he still beat them at the time.
                      How do you know fighters aren't using EPO? You should know how hard it is to detect.

The point still stands. You can take a low level athlete and make huge improvements with illegal substances.

Comment

Working...
                      X