Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Aims to Go Through Hrgovic Like 'a Hot Knife Through Butter'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

For being 32 years old, which let's be honest is entering "veteran" territory, Hrgovic sure hasn't done anything. He's really not much younger than AJ who has had a long career at championship level and is openly talking about this being his last couple of years in the sport.

He fits the bill though, Tall, White, Eastern Euro sounding name, did pretty well as an amateur, scary looking face.

That's enough to get a lot of people super excited.

I'm different about it, Hrgovic age, lack of good opposition and some things I've seen from him in the ring that remind me of the worst of Andrew Golota, I certainly don't see him as "the future"

He's an interesting wildcard in the heavyweights but I don't see a lot more than that.

He ought to beat Dubois, let's be honest Dubois is terrible, he's jacked twice and the quit job against Usyk was nigh on unforgivable, also Kevin Larena almost accidentally knocked him out so had to stop throwing punches. If Hrgovic does lose to Dubois then his career is over imo.
    At 32 years old, you're definitely not a veteran as a heavyweight unless you turned pro young or you've been in a lot of wars. Hrgovic turned pro at 25 I believe and has had one tough fight in Zhang. I don't think that really qualifies him as a veteran. Most lighter weight fighters are in their prime still at 32. Heavyweights typically have a much longer shelf life.
    Other than that, I think you make some good points.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Well..Hrgovic is not a Brit. In the last years Ruiz, Hunter, Parker to name a few all refused to fight him . East Euro guys always struggle to get good fights.
      Hrgovic is sort of high risk, low reward. He's not a household name, doesn't pull in big numbers and he doesn't hold a title. That's enough to scare off some contenders who may never be good enough to win a world title and want to cash out in a title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

Hrgovic is sort of high risk, low reward. He's not a household name, doesn't pull in big numbers and he doesn't hold a title. That's enough to scare off some contenders who may never be good enough to win a world title and want to cash out in a title fight.

He will KO Dubois and that will scare guys even more.

Maybe Joshua fights him.
        ISboxing James likes this.

Comment

He will KO Dubois and that will scare guys even more.

Maybe Joshua fights him.
          I think it's finally clear to the bulk of boxing fans who aren't hardcore AJ haters that he takes on all comers. I don't care if he loses, he should be respected for that alone.
          Look how long it's taking Tyson Fury to fight Usyk and we still don't know if he will two weeks from now. If Hrgovic beats Dubois and Joshua doesn't face him next, I'd like to see Hrgovic vs Sanchez given Sanchez beats Kabayel. Hrgovic deserves a title shot but it's doubtful that he would get one next.
          Last edited by theface07; 05-04-2024, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

Thats my pick too.
            Even though DDD quit twice, first time I completely understand, forget boxing I want to keep my vision … I think he will growl it out. I saw him have some tough moments with Miller and he had the grit to stay calm and overcome. DDD is a bit too big of a beast for Hrgovic who is soft himself. I could be wrong, that’s the beauty of boxing. When I’m right I’m a genius, when I’m wrong I’m surprised lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post

Even though DDD quit twice, first time I completely understand, forget boxing I want to keep my vision … I think he will growl it out. I saw him have some tough moments with Miller and he had the grit to stay calm and overcome. DDD is a bit too big of a beast for Hrgovic who is soft himself. I could be wrong, that’s the beauty of boxing. When I’m right I’m a genius, when I’m wrong I’m surprised lol.
              I was quite impressed with DDD's movement. He learned to turn, dip, and use angles and I've never seen him do that in a fight, ever, and that's like what they call adding wrinkles to his game. I like him as a person too.
              IAMTHAT IAMTHAT likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano
                cool.

I don't get why Fil has such adamant fans. He ain't done **** either. Two giant slow jabronis just standing there trading a couple punches a minute means anyone can win at any time and the worst and best of them are separated by tiny margins.

Basically, since both jabroni is a whole lotta sucks at boxing I don't see a reason to favor anyone outside of triangle bull.
                This above! Fight night at the amateurs, as both champions crawl across the ring carefully engaging with a jab now and then. Will be the first to chance a cross?

We have the stiff Croat and the questionable opponent. I think dubois is one fight short of putting it all together. The stiff Croat Alas, maybe too strong for him though. I'm more interested in how they both look then who wins this fight. Have either of them evolved?
                Last edited by billeau2; 05-04-2024, 12:46 PM.
                MoonCheese Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post

Hrgovic is soft? Ok. I would like to understand how did you made this conclusion?

Comment

Well..Hrgovic is not a Brit. In the last years Ruiz, Hunter, Parker to name a few all refused to fight him . East Euro guys always struggle to get good fights.
                    Sure they did... Parker has a way better resume : Whyte, Ruiz, Joshua, Wilder, Zhang, Joyce, Takam, Chisora. But somehow he is scared to fight Hrgovic???

That's the excuse all those guys who fight bums use. Hrogvic is in line for title shot - he is not going to be fighting Parker! He doesn't need to

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

Sure they did... Parker has a way better resume : Whyte, Ruiz, Joshua, Wilder, Zhang, Joyce, Takam, Chisora. But somehow he is scared to fight Hrgovic???

That's the excuse all those guys who fight bums use. Hrogvic is in line for title shot - he is not going to be fighting Parker! He doesn't need to
                      Man, do some research.

Why did Zhang get IBF final eliminator fight with Hrgovic at first place? Because many guys refused it. Ruiz, Hunter, Ortiz, Parker, to name a few.

You are trashing Hrgovic all the time, but you don`t even know basics.

BTW, Hrgovic against anybody at hw is 50-50.

Comment

Working...
                      X