Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Claims Anyone But Tank Or Spence For Garcia Would Only Serve To Stay Busy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither one of these fights are going to happen. Spence clearly shouldn't be fighting at 147. Tank isn't going to fight above 140. Ryan has plenty of options. Teofimo. Boots.

Comment

This is odd because Ryan did win and he beat an undefeated p4p stalwart in exciting fashion but honestly he looked like **** doing it. Haney lost that fight as much as Ryan won it. Ryan's defense looked atrocious and once he finds someone who can negate the left hook (virtually everyone in and around him right now) he'll easily be beaten. Spence would absolutely destroy him and I suspect Boots would as well. You can absolutely forget Bud. Dude better stick to 140 and develop a defense.

Comment

I smell a catch weight...

Comment

I actually do not know what interests me as far as Garcia's next fight. What division does he want to fight in? Does he feel dedicated, or is there a Ruiz like fall in the works? Does he even need a name opponent at this point, or does the side show spectacle that is his training and personality sell a fight all by his lonesome?

I just do not know. I would be surprised if he fights anytime soon. Maybe the fall? Maybe the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

I don't know who's worse , Hopkins or Teddy Atlas. They love to hear themselves talk and they both sound like a couple of morons.
            This generation has the attention span of a fly at a picnic in the summer. It’s not surprising this generation is unable to listen to someone far knowledgeable than themselves beyond the twatter character limit. Social media has mentally stunted an entire generation devoid of any meaningful thought. Both, Hopkins and Teddy have forgotten more about the fight game than you or I will ever pretend to know or understand.

Listen between their thoughts on what is actually being said instead of picking what you’re choosing to hear. This generation couldn’t get through more than 5 minutes of the Lincoln/Douglas debates without a shortened recap on TikTok portrayed by your freak of the month ****** with 1 million followers.
            Last edited by Boxingfanatic75; 04-29-2024, 04:23 PM.
            Fightfan79 Fightfan79 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
              I smell a catch weight...
              That's my question. What weight would it take place?

It would draw pretty well, I think, but Ryan doesn't have the gas tank to hang with Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                —————
                Wasn’t Garcia “washed-up” when he got KO’d by Tank?
                Is Haney now “washed-up”?
                What about Caleb Plant? Was he “washed-up” after getting beat up by Canelo?

Will Munguia be “washed-up” after getting beat by Canelo?

I think you see my point.
                ah yes

a dirty dish can be washed more than once
                Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

I think they know Spence has been badly battered after Crawford and is there to be beaten again.

Errol might look ok at light middleweight, but yes, I don't know. He looked pretty good against Danny, and alright against Ugas. Then in the days and night in the dressing room before the Bud fight, he looked dazed.

I think Derrick James knows something we don't know of what happened before. That's not dis*****g that Crawford is just a better boxer than Spence.

Comment

is it true Spence is over 200lbs right now??

Comment

So Teo, Matías are out because Ryan can't make 140. And Crawford, Stanionis, Benn, Ennis, Thurman, Ugas, Barrios, Santillan, Giyasov (could probably even throw Pacquiao in the mix, since he was previously in talks to face Garcia) are all "stay busy" fights.

Hopkins was a great fighter, but he's an absolute tool as a promoter.

Comment

Working...
                      X