Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Claims Anyone But Tank Or Spence For Garcia Would Only Serve To Stay Busy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Taylor gets past Catteral, would like to see him in with Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      is it true Spence is over 200lbs right now??
      He sure looked like it in there with Fundora.

It's like he doesn't hit the gym unless he has a fight coming up.
      Fightfan79 Fightfan79 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post

That's my question. What weight would it take place?

It would draw pretty well, I think, but Ryan doesn't have the gas tank to hang with Spence.
        My guess is 150 or maybe 152. As for Garcia's gas tank, it wasn't so bad against Haney. The real problem is style; I think Spence will smother him and break him down on the inside, a bit like he did against Ugas.

Comment

Against Ryan, my money would be on Gary Antuanne Russell, Subriel Matias and of course Tank. Each of them would stop Ryan. Errol too. As damaged as Errol is, he'd most likely get Ryan outta there..but it depends at what weight. But Errol's brain case osn't what it used to be. He's been rattled and concussed by hitting the pavement and in the ring against Bud. So i'm not too sure what he has left, or what screws he can tighten up with a new trainer. But Ryan would never fight Russell or.Matias. He'd say he's the money man, that they don't bring anything to the table, no one knows them, etc. This is how some ppl avoid fighting certain guys these days

Comment

translation. don't expect to see Cryan vs Tank nor Errol

Comment

If he's willing to fight Spence @ 154, then bring it! If he's willing to fight Tank @ 140, then bring it! if not, then STFU, and fight Teofimo Lopez, Subriel Matias, or Conor Benn!

Comment

He should take a stay busy fight tbh. Just to test his drawing power against someone that isn't very well known.
                Apollo7 Apollo7 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
                  Ryan beat Haney , but honestly, he fought like crap. He needs to use any kind of defense except that ridiculous back turning thing that he does , he needs to develop a jab , and he needs to get in shape so he's not limited to throwing ten punches and needing two rounds,off to recover. He beat Haney because of his speed and power but that's not going to work on everyone. He needs to be prepared for someone who can take his punch , or that can evade it. He's got a lot of work to do.
                  Exactly. Exuberance about the overall performance has a lot of folks glazing over Ryan's many technical problems. Ryan has elite handspeed and power at 140lbs, but his overall skillset and fight IQ is anything but elite. It's hard to imagine him getting away with so many mistakes against other elite 140-154lbs fighters, but we'll see.
                  pnut901 pnut901 Hustle Hustle like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

ah yes

a dirty dish can be washed more than once
                    ———
                    Great metaphor
                    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                      He should take a stay busy fight tbh. Just to test his drawing power against someone that isn't very well known.
                      Jose Ramirez in LA

Comment

Working...
                      X