Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Claims Anyone But Tank Or Spence For Garcia Would Only Serve To Stay Busy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins Claims Anyone But Tank Or Spence For Garcia Would Only Serve To Stay Busy

Bernard Hopkins has discussed the possibility of Ryan Garcia (25-1, 20 KOs) stepping into the ring against former unified world welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr. (28-1, 22 KOs) following Garcia's emphatic victory against Devin Haney (31-0, 15 KOs) on April 20 at the Barclays Center in New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopkins & Gay La Hoya are promoters and doing what promoters do, however had Ryan loss they were ready to cut him loose quickly and then talk about him afterwards and that's just how they are cut! We all know the problems Ryan was having with them, now all of a sudden he's the greatest since slice bread in their eyes, GTFOH! Fakepromoters.com

Comment

Garcia is using the whole “avenge my trainer” gimmick to push a fight against a washed-up Spence who is coming off a brutal stoppage - instead of calling out the guy who beat Spence and would be more than happy to fight Garcia for big money (Crawford). Cheater Ryan should be demanding a 154-pound title fight with Crawford once TC takes care of business in August.
      Smash Smash Corelone Corelone like this.

Comment

Tank is in Ryans rear view, he wants revenge at 160. Tank isn't that crazy. Spence is another case, a head case too. Flying cars and coming off of everything, ko, lay off. I can see Ryan going there.

Comment

I think Matias dog walks him but Ryan can’t even make 140 anymore. If he goes to 147, there aren’t any names other than boots who probably puts him in a bag. His options are fairly limited.

Comment

B-Hop is hustling again as usual. Tank easily slips or rolls the Garcia left like last time. Spence is washed up and playing Russian Roulette if he keeps fighting.

Barring the typical promoter BS, an interesting fight is Garcia v Mathis. Garcia is Taylor made for Mathis. But, Golden Boy vs Matchroom? I wouldn’t count on it unless Hearn can keep picking Turkey’s Saudi’s pockets like he and Warren are doing quite well.

Hopkins idea is a stupid as Turkey inquiring about Crawford v Benny. What a F-ing stupid idea. Benny will weigh more than Bivol, unless they plan another dumb ass catch weight meaningless fight.

Tank has Hopkins in his radar. It’s only a matter of time before Hopkins gets a beat down at a weigh-in where he has to stay relevant. Mark my words, someone is going to hurt Hopkins at a press conference or weigh-in. He’s such a F-ing instigator!

Comment

Thank the person who wrote this article for paraphrasing whatever Hopkins said. This dude usually takes 45 minutes to answer a question
              pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Ryan beat Haney , but honestly, he fought like crap. He needs to use any kind of defense except that ridiculous back turning thing that he does , he needs to develop a jab , and he needs to get in shape so he's not limited to throwing ten punches and needing two rounds,off to recover. He beat Haney because of his speed and power but that's not going to work on everyone. He needs to be prepared for someone who can take his punch , or that can evade it. He's got a lot of work to do.
                Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HENNY View Post
                  Thank the person who wrote this article for paraphrasing whatever Hopkins said. This dude usually takes 45 minutes to answer a question
                  I don't know who's worse , Hopkins or Teddy Atlas. They love to hear themselves talk and they both sound like a couple of morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post
                    Garcia is using the whole “avenge my trainer” gimmick to push a fight against a washed-up Spence who is coming off a brutal stoppage - instead of calling out the guy who beat Spence and would be more than happy to fight Garcia for big money (Crawford). Cheater Ryan should be demanding a 154-pound title fight with Crawford once TC takes care of business in August.
                    —————
                    Wasn’t Garcia “washed-up” when he got KO’d by Tank?
                    Is Haney now “washed-up”?
                    What about Caleb Plant? Was he “washed-up” after getting beat up by Canelo?

Will Munguia be “washed-up” after getting beat by Canelo?

I think you see my point.

Comment

Working...
                    X