Bill Haney Missing in Action. Father-Son boxer/trainer duos don't work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost one fight....now it doesn't work..... God I hate boxing fans

Comment

Yeah f*** Bill Haney. A talentless middle aged man desperately clinging to his son’s coattails.

Haney has a lot of natural athletic talent but he’s never been coached properly. His defence is terrible.

Comment

devin-haney-is-living-the-dream-with-expensive-pain-his-new-rolls-royce-cullinan_1.jpgdevin and bill say hello

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

It's not like fans are known for being even-keeled, especially right after a fight where adrenaline and emotions are running high. It's a combination of people who hate Haney's style, and others who were hoping for him to suffer some comeuppance for the Loma decision. As I said after the Loma fight, all a boxer needs to do is fight the best, show progress and stay active. That boxer will eventually be forgiven for whatever sin (real or perceived) they may have committed.
          I'm always kinda hoping for more maturity but you aren't wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
            CROWN HIM

with the dunces cap that is
            Line mine with lots of diamonds!
            Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Some of you guys have to start thinking about what it takes to create a very technical style. It's just not easy. There's just a lot involved. I think Haney's problem a lot of it at least has to do with finding a place to fit in division wise. He can hit pretty good when he sits down on his shots. Even Ryan said as much from this fight.

But you get guys who can really punch and you got to be really on top of your game if you're going to counter those shots. There's a lot to learn.

Personally? I think fighters have to learn how to anticipate a punch when they're fighting a real bona fide puncher. It's not enough to know it's going to come. We do a lot of that in the martial arts. Also you can't roll under a left hook it's too fast. You got to change your distance. Just my take.

If you watch the Apex of a technical boxer puncher, in our generation one guy to watch is Floyd at 135 and below. You can literally watch Floyd see the punch developing smile and shift over.

That's not just reflexes that's really anticipating what the opponent will do and setting up for it. Haney has to be able to do that if he wants to fight in that style. Otherwise these punchers are going to tear his ass up.
              Last edited by billeau2; 04-21-2024, 07:46 PM.

Comment

American ones don't

Shingo Inoue and Anatoly Lomachenko say hello

Comment

I don't understand normal ppl buying Maybach versions to drive around. They're personal limos bruh, All the fancy **** in the back seats

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

It is not new, it is just the latest, and that thing he told garcia's mom was shameful
                    So? It's not as if the garcia family are saints either. Why would you all highlight that only as if you all are taking the moral high ground and be so selective knowing that they are all talking smack to one another. Just admit that you all don't like the haneys no matter what they do. I am not here to cater to your feelings about the haneys.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post

So? It's not as if the garcia family are saints either. Why would you all highlight that only as if you all are taking the moral high ground and be so selective knowing that they are all talking smack to one another. Just admit that you all don't like the haneys no matter what they do. I am not here to cater to your feelings about the haneys.
                      I was up for Haney to teach garcia a lesson, he can be a clown everytime he opens his mouth, but Bill with his assassination threats turned me off. I think if shoves comes to blows, assassination and killing takes the #1 spot, a least in my book.

Comment

Working...
                      X