Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Invokes Right As 'Champion In Recess' To Throw Curveball Into Crawford - Madrimov Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

First Haymon has Spence block Fundora vs Crawford, now he is having Charlo block Crawford vs Madrimov. He's only interested in sidelining Crawford.

Crawford can fight Ennis.
    real raw real raw mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

That's because Loma was given the franchise belt BY that scum Mauricio Sulaiman as a condition for them sanctioning his fight for undisputed vs Lopez. Unification is supposed to trump mandatories, and the fight he was going for was a unification vs the IBF champ. Haney was literally just a mandatory. Loma petitioned to get the unification fight, and got handed the franchise belt so that Sulaiman could have more champs and get paid more sanctioning fees. Loma's goal was undisputed, which is what a champ is SUPPOSED to want.

Meanwhile, Charlo could have had the fight vs Tszyu himself, but ducked it and got stripped. We gave him a pass even though he ducked it more than once before the Canelo fight was even an option. Then he vacated his other belts rather than fight Crawford himself. Could have just fought Madrimov himself, but no. Now he wants to do it just to try to screw over another fighter and get paid for doing nothing, and you're ok with that? Those situations couldn't be more different.

-edit- Apparently Charlo's side has clarified they don't mind waiting for Bud v Madrimov and they want to fight the winner. If that's the case, I have no issues with his move at all.
      Just wants step aside money.
      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Just wants step aside money.
        That's how I read it too. Like, most have thought "free Saudi check and all's I gotta do is send an email?"

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Your figget azz haven't even left the basement yet after the azz whooping PPVweather gave to Pacman
          Awww, a spence sick ducker...i didnt know yall are still around! Cute response though, but only halfaf.ag here is you. I could care less about that snorefest. But youre obviously still creaming your panties over that fight I can see.
          Last edited by El_Mero; 04-19-2024, 06:11 PM.

Comment

champ in recess? oh i must have misheard, i thought they said champion in a dress

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Crawford can fight Ennis.
              it's only going to happen if the Saudis pay for it. Crawford isn't just going to throw a bone to him.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

Awww, a spence sick ducker...
                sick ducker lol

we got a few of those in boxing
                El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

sick ducker lol

we got a few of those in boxing
                  I just don't get why jcats be all in love with a fighter n shi.t....
                  Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

That's how I read it too. Like, most have thought "free Saudi check and all's I gotta do is send an email?"
                    His email is actually unhinged.

He requested that the WBA reinstate him as Super Champion without him having to fight for it, demote Madrimov to Regular Champion, and then let Crawford fight Madrimov for the Regular belt.

That's not how Champion-in-Recess status works. Madrimov is the full and only WBA Champion right now. All Charlo really has is a mandatory shot in his back pocket.
                    wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

His email is actually unhinged.

He requested that the WBA reinstate him as Super Champion without him having to fight for it, demote Madrimov to Regular Champion, and then let Crawford fight Madrimov for the Regular belt.

That's not how Champion-in-Recess status works. Madrimov is the full and only WBA Champion right now. All Charlo really has is a mandatory shot in his back pocket.
                      Something tells me that regardless of what happens, a Crawford vs Charlo is never going to occur and this is all political BS.
                      real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X