Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some fights where legendary fighters heavily fouled.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a legendary fighter, but Salido hit Loma low at least 50 times, not to mention coming in 21 pounds over the fight limit, and 11 pounds over Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
      Mayweather's holding in the Pacquiao fight was pretty bad.
      Was it?

How many times did he hold in that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Was it?

How many times did he hold in that fight?
        He held excessively
        https://youtu.be/dz3a3XxsSDY?si=yYNQzyU97zixahxS
        Last edited by djtmal; 04-09-2024, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
          Mayweather's holding in the Pacquiao fight was pretty bad.
          when kenny bayless was breaking them apart, floyd was still pulling the arm. that was weird.
          dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            Not really. How many times did he hold? Probably like 5 times a round on average if I had to guess.

The two examples in the OP, Ali-Frazier and Wlad-Povektin are examples of actual excessive holding. And probably about 100 odd+ other examples that are more fitting than that fight where holding was not that prevalent.

Comment

Not really. How many times did he hold? Probably like 5 times a round on average if I had to guess.

You guessing wrong.

Floyd held excessively in the Pacquaio fight and the Madonna rematch.

One sequence Manny Pacquaio was in the middle of the ring and Floyd leaped out and grabbed him. That was excessive.

When was holding on for dear life part of a fight strategy.
              Last edited by djtmal; 04-09-2024, 02:46 PM.

Comment

You guessing wrong.

Floyd held excessively in the Pacquaio fight and the Madonna rematch.

One sequence Manny Pacquaio was in the middle of the ring and Floyd leaped out and grabbed him. That was excessive.

When was holding on for dear life part of a fight strategy.
                Just pure nonsense though really isn't it.

How many times did he hold then per round then?

First three rounds for Round 1 I count 1, for round 2 I count 4 (the 4th being after the bell) and for Round 3 I count 4.

That's an average of 3 per round for the first 3 rounds.

It's objectively not excessive holding.

Comment

Just pure nonsense though really isn't it.

How many times did he hold then per round then?

First three rounds for Round 1 I count 1, for round 2 I count 4 (the 4th being after the bell) and for Round 3 I count 4.

That's an average of 3 per round for the first 3 rounds.

It's objectively not excessive holding.
                  You making excuses and backing off your first average, which was 5.

5 clinches per round in a 12 round fight is 60 holds/clinches, which is excessive imo.

I didn't count that many clean punches.

Comment

You making excuses and backing off your first average, which was 5.

5 clinches per round in a 12 round fight is 60 holds/clinches, which is excessive imo.

I didn't count that many clean punches.
                    Well, yeah because it's even less Where has an excuse been used, and excuse for what? Do you understand the words that you are using and what they mean?

In the first 3 rounds the average is 3 times a round. I'd imagine it's 5 a round at best for the entirety of the fight if not slightly less or slightly more.

5 clinches a round on average is excessive? What? It's objectively not excessive, it's the opposite.

There are Muhammad Ali fights, Mike Tyson fights, Wlad Klitschko, Andre Ward, Lennox Lewis, Ezzard Charles, Sammy Angot, Sandy Saddler, Hopkins etc all fighters who do excessively clinch where you could probably find single rounds where they cliched more than Floyd did in 6 or more combined rounds of that fight. That is excessive holding.

Comment

Chavez vs Tszyu

dirty af.

Comment

Working...
                      X