Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: How Much Does Vasiliy Lomachenko Really Have Left?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on his last fight? Yeah, he still got some left even at lightweight which, lest we forget, has always been kinda YUUUUGE compared to him.

Comment

I think most of us felt he beat Haney, who’s proven himself to be a very good fighter so based on that I’d say Loma has quite a lot left. Obviously age and inactivity can catch up with you quickly but I still expect him to deal with Kambosos quite comfortably.
      SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

That win against Gary Russell Jr, whom no one really wanted to fight, was very impressive.

Also, the tko of a formerly undefeated, power puncher in Walters was also a superb victory. He made Rigondeaux quit, another guy nobody wanted to fight. So I'd say he has signature wins.

Comment

Too bad it's difficult to gauge if the fight against Haney has taken it's toll on Loma. He has a low activity rate so him taking a fight means he might be unable to take on another top fighter in the same year.

Loma's turning 36 years old now, there is only so much time he can compensate for his size disadvantage if he sticks to lightweight.

I expect Loma to win in fascinating fashion, but his team should try to match him with Navarrete and Stevenson in a row before contemplating retirement. I think the former is an easy win for Loma while Stevenson is a 50/50 fight, being possibly his marquee win over a prime multi division champion.​
          Last edited by Feroz; 04-05-2024, 05:07 AM.
          SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Loma does relies alot on the physical so I expect him to detoriate, and will be susceptible against young sharp punchers down the line, which Kambosos is not. Loma TKO10.

Comment

He is 36 and can allow himself one or two more years of activity (so a few more fights) if it doesn't turn out he is finished, which I doubt.

Comment

Not much! Vasiliy is now an old fighter. He couldn’t even definitively defeat Devin Haney; Whom he claimed couldn’t hit and stood toe to toe in front of him all night.
                BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

If he believes he can take on Shakur Stevenson after besting Kambosos in good fashion, that could be interesting wouldn't you say?
                  He won’t fight Shakur. Loma realizes that his better days are now behind him. Which is why he recently declined a fight with Stevenson. He realizes can no longer compete against elite fighters who are at least a decade younger than him.

Comment

Well , he has that loss against Salido, who decided to do Uber instead of a rematch. Fought a one armed fight against Teo, who was so afraid at the end of the fight that never gave him a rematch and kicked The nose Haney and was robbed.

Comment

After all those tears post Haney, I would worry he’d be susceptible to cramping in any future fight.

Bob will protect him from Shakur, get him a couple of easy belts, then hopefully making the Shakur fight.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 04-05-2024, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X